• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And then there was 0ne!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then there was 0ne!!!

...half acre of bare land on my home
    quarter. There are now TWO small patches
    of snow-less land. You need not reply, I'm
    just giving an update.LOL

I feel for you!

Right now, I have a 80ac field that's bare, another 20ac field that's bare.

Then I have a 320ac half section that's half under 4' of water... not inches, feet. Another quarter that's got 2' of water on it....

At least it all drains east... nothing can keep up with this quick release though... 15 here today.

Comment

moved cows on to a quarter of swath grazing that didn't get eaten last fall. enough bare patches to find some swaths and they can go to work from there. seemed happy. it's palatable but we'll have to see if there's enough nutrition.

Comment

Cows love swath grazing in spring but if you swath graze with partly thawed ground it is very hard on the soil as far as compaction. Learned the HARD way.LOL..

Comment

Road will wash out tonight.

On the bright side, freewheat, it sounds like you have enough ground for a potato planting!!

Comment

Cultivators will be rolling here by the end of the week. Neighbour did a test run with his Salford vertical tillage unit yesterday and it was almost ready to go.

Comment

lol checking! I hope some more bares off
              soon, I want corn too.

Comment

dalek, are you in Ontario?

Comment

Yup that's me

Comment

Only areas of fields with no snow are along the dusty roads. Still 80% white but water in fields like all the snow was melted most years. Wicked wet to come in the next few days.

Comment

OF course Mr. Dale Ketcheson is from Ontario. Knows all, Does all, Land of the Great. Yous be surprised how fast she dries up when the Sun makes an appearance. Don't take long atall.....

Comment

Can you find anything good about this Allfarmer?

Their bull buyer walked in my pen of bulls and saw sustainability, efficiency and the ability for his company to profit in the cattle industry from grass to plate. Are they wrong bud? Do you think we should just bow to the multinational packers and raise cattle that fit their profit schedule?

I'm all about the family farm Allfarmer. This One Earth thing is not about taking anything away from your family, just using an unused and somewhat abused resource. How many family farmers are renting first nation land and treating it with respect? Or are they simply getting all they can out of it; one year at a time.

If you want to buy my bulls and create beef instead of cattle for a packer, you're more than welcome to bid against the One Earth buyer.

Comment

BTO You lack the common sense of a chicken as well as the courtesy of a constipated goat. Parsley

Comment

English Please.....

Comment

AND yous think Zero Earth Farms ain't going to abuse the land??? What a freakin joke that is. I want some of that Cali yous smokin. I would give the cattle away to charity before EVER selling to them Rodents.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...