• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MCGA Response

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCGA Response

<blockquote>Hi Christian,
    We appreciate your comments and I hope you have taken the time to fill out the survey on-line.

I can assure you that MCGA has dedicated a very small dollar amount to this project. The survey was put in place to get growers opinions on the topic so we be sure we are best representing the wants of growers on this topic. This is a fact finding tool that will determine whether this project will even progresses any further.

The bulk of our budget, your check off dollars, is and will continue to be focused on research and promotion that directly helps growers like yourself.

Thank you for your comments on this topic. We always welcome comments from our growers on this or any other topic.</blockquote>

If I was a cynical type, I would say "our growers" is condescending to me.

(If I lived in Manitoba!)

Comment

Does anyone else have a problem with the term "grower"? I don't grow the crop, it grows itself, I do all the rest of the damn work. I'd be better described as a combination mechanic, accountant, driver, agronomist, gopher, marketer, HR manager, CEO, researcher, CFO, carpenter, exterminator, negotiator, electrician, and teacher. Or how about we just distill all of that down to "farmer."

In fact since I have started farming I'm about an inch shorter than I was before, so the last thing I should be called is a "grower."

Comment

Grower is the stupidest name ever that has been forced upon farmers (their real name).

Comment

Many of the Associations are going to love you two.

This doesn't exactly flow off the tongue, but how much canola are you going to farm this year?

Comment

Klause, make sure you ask for your checkoff dollars to be refunded. I think you need to request a special form to do it. Nothing sends a message like $$$.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...