• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new player in australian market

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new player in australian market

Gavilon have entered the market here.Presuming they have just go accreditation and have been granted a export liscence,

A few full page ads in farm media.
    Sadly there $14 off the pace for wheat and on the money for canola at $598.

They suply fert and chemicals?? can anyone enlighten me.

There addition to market must have taken total number of noteworthy buyers to almost 50.

im out of hibernation, hopefully im welcomed back

Mallee,

Always!

As these folks are not in western Canada that I know of; can not help with this!

All the best!

Seeding soon?

Comment

Dont know any thing about them. We wont be seedint till may still white. Drill under snow.
      But hey at least its warming up.

Comment

George Soros is involved with this. Been reading some threads on nat about this.

Don't know if it good or bad. Its another competitor for your grain.

I just wish we, in western canada, could have some competition for our wheat and durum.

Don't hear much negative about australia's move to the open market.

mallee, could you tell us if farming is better or worse without the awb?

Comment

Gavilon is a private company owned by 4 funds including Soros Management fund. Entered the ag business by buying ConAgra Trading a few years ago.
          Besides buying and selling ag commodities and fertillizer, also big in energy transactions. A couple of years ago I think Gavilon was looking at importing/exporting natural gas from Canada.
          Does have 3 Canadian ag commodity loading/offloading facilities in Canada at Lethbridge Alberta, Ontario, and Quebec and their Canadian office is in Winnipeg.

Comment

malleefarmer:
            any ideas where I could get a good time series of Australian wheat prices? Going back say a year or two before deregulation (AWB) up until now. Weekly or monthly prices would work.

You can answer here or by email to cwb@depape.ca

Thanks,
            John De Pape

Comment

im humbled at my homecoming.

jd will try to send some info, have a dislocated shoulder at the moment.
              as ive always said the removal of single desk has not been a issue the shy hasnt fallen in.

We still have awb offering pools and cash prices there are a multitude of pools from around 12 companies with about 4 different types of pools with each buyer.

We have daily cash prices often updated once a day due to volatility in the market and prices on offer up to 2 yrs ahead.

Any given day cash prices for wheat vary by about $35 from to bottom price.

Back to pools i can lock grain into 2011 pool right now and get a $18 premium if i wish so competition amongst pool providers is alive and well.

Many guys have not changed a bit still deliver to awb pool for last 50yrs and continue to do so, its there perogative so again nothing has changed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...