• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global warming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global warming

I heard a report on CBC TV yesterday that the arctic sea ice is the thinnest on record. WTF!!! After all the cold weather Europe had earlier this winter? With all the cold we have had in the last 12 months? Every time I watch the weather on TV the stations reporting in the far north seem to be colder than...I'm hoping the glaciers melt enough to seed a crop this year and they are telling me it's the warmest ever. WTF?

Tell me about it. We continually hear the north is being affected the most dramatically. Unfortunately these guys live in Florida, so what do they know?

Comment

I know i will get blasted for believing in global warming somewhat or at least being on the fence about it, but. One of my professors in economics was involved in doing some modelling for weather for the next 10-30 years this is exactly what his models predicted. If I remember correctly his model called for the cooling of the north pacific due sea ice melting giving us more moisture and cooler weather. Seems to be bang on so far, but 3-6 years doesn't really make a trend.

Comment

Yep I always go to economics professors when I want to know all about scientific matters.

Comment

DaleK,

I read a couple of years ago about the semiconductor economy.

Exponential growth... the Global Warming/Change folks believe we can change this planet... and semiconductors/Techy gizmos will save us all!

Since 1960... the real growth in the global economy... which climate change avocation is meant to enhance... are these little pieces of sand melted together with some metal...

The new wizard of the world... the semiconductor. It will be everywhere. Soon.

Comment

Don't worry, with the federal election this spring and all the hot air and wind that comes with it, we will be able to seed everything. As of today we are still basicly 100% white(snow cover) here. VERY little dirt or stubble showing, this will slow down the warming since it will reflect the heat/light. The snow has "shrunk" but is still blanketing the fields.

Wheatking: you make a good point. I remember the scientists saying it will cause erratic weather.

I don't know if I totally beleive we(humans--the cancer of the earth) can effect the global climate. The earth has gone through cycles from the beginning of time. We have only been here for a milli-second in the grand sceme of things and I don't know if our activities in the last 150 years can/will have such a profound affect.

When I think about all the oil and gas and anything that is burnt to heat homes or propel vehicles and machinery or produce power, I see it as stored energy being released that took "a lot" of time to accumulate and not many in the grand sceme of things to be released. Who knows!!!!????? Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Don't worry, with the federal election this spring and all the hot air and wind that comes with it, we will be able to seed everything. As of today we are still basicly 100% white(snow cover) here. VERY little dirt or stubble showing, this will slow down the warming since it will reflect the heat/light. The snow has "shrunk" but is still blanketing the fields.

Wheatking: you make a good point. I remember the scientists saying it will cause erratic weather.

I don't know if I totally beleive we(humans--the cancer of the earth) can effect the global climate. The earth has gone through cycles from the beginning of time. We have only been here for a milli-second in the grand sceme of things and I don't know if our activities in the last 150 years can/will have such a profound affect.

When I think about all the oil and gas and anything that is burnt to heat homes or propel vehicles and machinery or produce power, I see it as stored energy being released that took "a lot" of time to accumulate and not many in the grand sceme of things to be released. Who knows!!!!????? Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Man probably hasn't helped the earth but considering changes that have been made to agriculture and prevention of forest fires etc, I think that we are making improvemments.

Consider this, two hundred years ago if there was a forest fire, how was it put out or controlled? A forest fire can generate more pollution than most environmentalists realize.

You have to admire western farmers that by the changes made in ag they created a rain forest environment last year Now isn't that a logical tree hugger type of statement?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...