• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a good market opportunity growing oats this year?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a good market opportunity growing oats this year?

I wanted to see if there are others growing oats this year. Are your acres up or down from last year.

The market experts and prices are telling us to grow anything but oats. What are do you think?

Foodwise, buckwheat is going to be the next 'hot' crop

Comment

Screw oats, none for me.

Comment

Just to confuse the issue more. Oats hasn't penciled out in our area, transportation, bin space, relative to price, etc. etc. But many a farmer will tell you that the crops the experts tell you not to seed are the ones to put a field or two into and look at it as your lottery ticket. Logic is simple, experts say no good, so no one seeds it, little blip on a competing commodity and there you go the next Oatsamillions winner!

Comment

riders2010, I do agree with your logic...but when I can forward contract almost $400 wheat, oat market has a-lot of work to do for me even to give a seconds worth of time to think about it. New crop barley bids are as good as oats "TODAY". The way I read this thing, cereals may have their glory day in 2012.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...