• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sask crop ins

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rider, you make some valid points especially in ignoring the years in which the yield is almost nothing. At least they did some changes relating to the 2010 year. More could be done, I agree.

But I have a question for you:

In 2005, when you left the crop out over winter and harvested/burned it in spring, you should have received a crop insurance settlement.

Even though that settlement was issued in the summer of 2006 and taxable in that year, it was relating to the 2005 crop year for AgriStability.

Take a look at your 2005 COB from AgriStability. Does it show the full amount of any crop insurance received in 2006 that was relating to the 2005 crop as an ending receivable?

If this was done it would have kicked the crap out of any benefit you could have received for the 2006 year. It also would have changed 2005 and future reference margins.

Comment

As far as other crops and coverage levels here is mine for 2011:

At 80% and 50% discount

Wheat 32.6 for $8.46
      Barley 56.6 for $6.64
      Oats 75.2 for $7.35

Comment

Ive been in crop insurance for 4 years %5 discount and no yield history. Coverage is not great and premiums really high. Canola coverage $250.00/ac costing $26.00/ac. How is a new farmer supposed to have any chance at competing with these numbers when a neighbor has farmed for 30 years and has $350.00/ac coverage and pays $12.00/ac.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...