• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mar 24 Mtg Property Rights Bills 10/36!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mar 24 Mtg Property Rights Bills 10/36!

Hi Folks:

Report Time!

Bill 10/36 meeting Killam AB last night...

Tweet from PC Leadership hopeful MLA Doug Griffith:

“Awesome meeting tonight in #Killam w/ Minister Knight, Robin Campbell, and @mayorbudjames. Great crowd, great questions, great answers. about 7 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®”

Just for you...

Wiki “Awe is an emotion comparable to wonder[1] but less joyous, and more fearful or respectful. In general awe is directed at objects considered to be more powerful than the subject, such as the breaking of huge waves on the base of a rocky cliff, or the thundering roar of a massive waterfall…”

AS I looked MLA Doug the”Leadership Candidate for the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta” directly in the eye… one on one… after the meeting was over…MLA Doug said: “If we don’t do it… the Feds will.”

I Looked at the floor… paused… walked away… not another word to be spoken.

Minister Knight had said this in so many words…for an hour before…

ECHO... ECHO...
    “If we don’t do it… the Feds will.”

OK… what happened?
    Sustainable Minister Knight…
    that at first denied that the “Insitute” Report from Dr. Ken Nichol that has almost had a birthday… sitting on HIS desk…

even ExISTS...

asked Me… Me of all people… to give it to him… and his assistant… FIVE times!!!!!

SINCE Minister Knight has not released this report… HOW on earth can a goofy farmer from Killam AB give it to him? Are all his ‘internal stakeholders’ hiding it from Minister Knight?

As the Liberal talkshow host ‘Premo’ on 630Ched yesterday said… on the drive home to this meeting…in northern Alberta… “we are waiting for the other shoe to drop"
    on Bills 10/36 et al.”
    As am I.
    AS AM I.
    As a grain farmer… who makes a living from farming a great deal of landlords’ farms…
    AS AM I.
    “Environmental goods and services” Development Credits…

AS I asked at the March 24th meeting with Minister Knight/ MLA Doug ‘Leadership hopeful’ in Killam:
    “The environmental Cleansing of the Industrial / Oil and Gas complex in Alberta”… THAT is what this is about!

How will this clean up the enviroment... at all... by buying credits... on private ag land... in ALberta?

“Echo” “ECHO”…
    “If we don’t do it… the Feds will.”

This is the other shoe dropping.
    I call the bluff.

Minister Knight’s response… “I don’t know what you are talking about… NO… this has NOTHING to do with bill 10… 36…
    “WHERE is that report…” Minister Knight said… over and over… “I have never seen it” Minister Knight keeps saying!

That report done for the Ministry of Sustainable Development…that took well over 3 years… 1000’s upon 1000’s of hours of consultations… by the former Liberal leader Dr. Ken Nicol and crew… Who Dr. Ted and I both know… who is personally… really a nice guy!

http://www.uleth.ca/notice/display.html?b=13&s=9381

“January 30, 2008
    Well-respected educator, former farmer, politician and current University of Lethbridge faculty member Dr. Ken Nicol (Faculty of Management) will identify environmentally friendly products and practices to green Alberta’s agriculture and forestry industries and help make them more innovative, competitive and profitable as the Chair of the newly-created Alberta Institute for Agriculture, Forestry and the Environment.

Nicol was appointed to the position by Premier Ed Stelmach in late January.

The virtual institute has received an initial funding allocation of $800,000. Its board of directors will look at how renewable resource sectors can evolve and adapt to benefit from increasing consumer demand for environmentally friendly products, services and production processes.

The institute will examine current research and development activities, as well as recommend directions and actions the provincial government can take to enhance and coordinate support to industry in their goal to be more environmentally friendly.

This work will also be supported by and coordinated with the work currently underway in the ministries of Agriculture and Food, Sustainable Resource Development, Environment, and Advanced Education and Technology.”
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...