• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MANA Crop Protection products

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MANA Crop Protection products

Received a flyer today for MANA Crop Protection. How do they compare for price and quality???

It's a no frills generic. You get what you have always recieved with the active.

These guys are the real deal, not mixing stuff in the bath tub, but it's 20 year old technology.

Don't expect service, you didn't pay for it, but if you know what you want and the results you need its as good as the original.

Comment

MANA is a big global generic chemical manufacturer out of Israel I recall.
      Good products and I suspect the deal you make will depend on what the retail wants to pass on.

Comment

Its all old chemistry, and its only the active ingredient that is the same. All the other ingredients like the emulsifiers, surfactants, dispersants, etc won't necessarily be the same, so don't expect it to behave like the ordinal did last year in you water. Expect the unexpected.....

Look at the Glyphosates.... Better rain fastness and absorption with the real deal of Transorb. This year I hear not a lot of difference from that price and the lowest of the low end Chinese stuff.

Comment

Oh Dog patch your so full of it its not funny.
          We have been using Glyphos for 30 years and guess what Monsanto duped us all the way to the bank.
          Cheap glypos works as good or better than the original.
          And now I save money. Sorry Money is king.

Comment

Used Knockout last year and had it take
            down some bad foxtail barley. It works.
            Don't believe big company marketing BS.

Comment

Mana is in the top six manufacturers , they have access to a lot better surfactants than the other majors through UAP.

Comment

Gotta chuckle when you say 'old chemistry'. There hasn't been a "new chemistry" in 22 years. Clever marketing and reformulation make you think so. Time for the ag community to wake up to this.

Comment

Clearout 41 and Knonckout have probably been the most effective glyshohates we have ever used. Excellent uptake and performance every time and very cost effective. Where would prices be without these products if all we had to deal with was Monsanto and Syngenta? They can keep there fancy programs that try to confuse the issues to themelves IMO. Price and performance together is key.

Comment

Again, I have to agree with SK3, the glyphosate marketing is pretty much that, marketing. I did have some issue on Foxtail with Clearout once and will not use it, but they are all pretty much the same.

Comment

I saw this news release today and thought I would post it. Not that it matters much to the discussion on performance of the offpatent products.

Take care,

Joe Dales

CHINESE GOVERNMENT APPROVES ACQUISITION OF MAKHTESHIM BY CHEMCHINA
                      Mar. 31, 2011

Source: Makhteshim Agan news release

The Makhteshim Agan Group (http://www.ma-industries.com/) (TASE: MAIN), the world leader in branded off-patent crop protection solutions, today reported that pursuant to the Company's report concerning the merger agreement on January 8, 2011 between a subsidiary of the China National Chemical Corporation ("ChemChina"), Koor Industries and the Company ("the Agreement"), the Company reports as follows:

As reported by ChemChina, ChemChina has received approval from the National Development and Reform Commission of China (the NDRC) for the transactions included in the Agreement. The said approval is one of the approvals required from the Chinese governmental authorities in order to close the said transactions. It has also been reported by ChemChina that it is in the process of obtaining the additional approvals required from the Chinese governmental authorities: the approval of the Ministry of Commerce of China, and the approval of the State Administration of Foreign Exchange of China.

About Makhteshim Agan

Makhteshim Agan Industries, Ltd. (TASE: MAIN), http://www.ma-industries.com, is a world-leading manufacturer and distributor of branded off-patent crop protection products. With sales of US$2.37 billion in 2010, MAI ranks seventh in global agrochemical companies, fourth in Europe, with a global share of over 5%. The Company is characterized by its knowhow, high-level technological-chemical abilities, expertise in product registration, the observance of strict standards of environmental protection, stringent quality control and global marketing and distribution channels. The Company is well positioned to leverage its global scale in sourcing, manufacturing, development and registration to support attractive international growth drivers.

Comment

can we trust the Chinese quality assurance process?

We have all been duped when a company claims that it has the same active ingredient as........ but what about all the other ingredients? I'm going to spend the extra money to be sure I'm getting the REAL stuff. I might not have as much money in my pocket at the end of the day, but I should have more assurance of what I bought as being the proven product, and not a KNOCK OFF, with only certain parts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...