• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crop ins or agristability

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crop ins or agristability

if you have a good Contribution Reference Margin
    (CRM) why bother with crop insurance??

My accountant claims farmers enrolled in both have a better reference margin in agristability. I counter with any crop ins. payment gets deducted from an agristability payment. So depends on a farmers own personal reference margin if he should have crop ins. Personally I don't like having crop ins. for instance telling me how to farm, so I don't carry it.

Comment

Hopperbin:
      I agree that Agristability payments are reduced by any amount paid out by crap insurance(if you're in crap insurance). The question I have is: are the Agristability payments reduced if a payment is triggered but crap insurance wasn't taken. In other words is the producer penalized for not being in crap insurance and by how much? I thought there was a reduced payment(agristability) for not being in crop insurance? Does anyone know for sure? We don't carry it but choose to be in both agri invest and stability. I just don't think we would ever benefited much from participating---have been lucky in the past I guess.

Comment

yes agstab is reduced and it is based on what you would have received through crop ins. but im not sure what coverage, think it goes on an area average coverage from what ive been told so probably somewhere between the 50 to 80%, but if anyone knows that calculation it would be nice to get.

we have not taken crop ins for 5 years now but will this year for unseeded acrege benefit. It should be real easy get a return on premium in our area this year. Whether at 50 or 80% coverage it does not affect your $70/ac. to wet to seed calculation.

Better question is... Does multi-peril ins. like Global Ag Risk come off of Agstability payment, if so would I be insuring for no reason with Global Ag Risk Solutions if we have had 5 good Agstability years.

Comment

Who is administering Global Ag Risk Solutions insurance. Kind of embarrassed to say I've never heard of it and who provides it.

Comment

https://www.agrisksolutions.ca/#

The above web site says they(Ag Risk Solutions) are independant of all government programs. Best read the site, not alot of info on it.

Comment

Your agriinstability margin will be increased or decreased by an amount, History of crop ins. payments minus history of crop ins. premiums.
              That said if you only planted half your crop last year, and was in Crop ins. then next year you would surely have a higher margin in agri instability next year. Weather it is still worth it or not needs much more calculations I don't care to do myself.
              But would be interesting if someone cares to work out some scenarios.

Comment

The programs, Agristability and Crap
                Insurance are made confusing, sos nobody
                kin figure out, how to manipulate them.
                The programs are designed to manipulate
                us! I belong, but I hate them, causin
                they are not bankable or predictable,
                they are soooooooo slow to payout, but
                quick to lower the boom and penalize
                late submission of their goofy forms. A
                system truly designed for Comedia, by
                old failed or retired farmers er their
                wives workin for the programs. Similar
                to the firearms registry, make work
                projects that gooble administeration
                fees, takin money outta farmers pockets.
                Gag truly sucks in Comedia, cause nobody
                seems to know what is truly goin on most
                of the time... except premiums are up
                and payments are down each and every
                year!!!!!!

Comment

Problem is CRM is only coversd at 66.5%,then neg margin 60% ...also its about maintaining your ref margin but seems one good program should be enough?????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...