• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a neglected technology

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a neglected technology

gives a good reason why the world pursued uranium rather than thorium:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/8393984/Safe-nuclear-does-exist-and-China-is-leading-the-way-with-thorium.html

vested interests will take the world down the wrong road given the opportunity and the power. ever think the same thing has happened with food production?

Jensend,

If anyone has 15 minutes... and WANTS to know the situation in Japan;

http://energyfromthorium.com/

It starts about thorium and then explains the history of nuclear power... then into the technical issues that caused the continuing prolems in Japan.

It is good information that allows rational decisions to be taken.

Thanks Jensend!

Comment

Pretty simple, they needed plutonium for bombs.

What are you hinting at in terms of food? We are somehow growing the wrong food?

Comment

WD9,

I agree about the plutonium and bombs.

Too bad we did not think that one through some more!

Sooooo... is this about stopping the developing world from access to cheap energy?

Comment

wd9 when i look at how food is produced i wonder if at least part of the process hasn't been hijacked. wouldn't it more efficient in so many ways if more perennials and legumes were grown? i know of some who are growing multiple species in the same stand because there is the separation technology to sort the seed and they claim it is more economical on a number of levels. when seed, pharmaceuticals and crop protection'products are all manufactured by one company do you wonder if they can influence markets and practices? it's the same in all the sectors of the economy but i think it makes for economic inefficiencies.

Comment

Majority of farmers grow 2 out of 3 years canola now it seems because of one reason. Money. Seems few care about the long term, actually not that long term, consequences of monocultures. At 13 bucks a bushel, even more will be grown.

Are we as farmers the biggest culprit?

Comment

Maybe if we could market our own wheat and barley at higher prices when it is necessary/convenient/etc.. for our own operations the rotations would be expanding rather than contracting?

Comment

I am glad you said that grepet! If i can't make money
                growing CWB grains than why should I grow them. If i
                don't make money I wont be around to worry about
                having a rotation. Maybe if i keep growing canola I will
                be around long enough to see the F#@$%n board
                collapse! If not at least I didn't work for those
                commies!

Comment

Rainman,

At the grocery store this afternoon I was told to grow feed wheat and barley... or that I should stop growing wheat and barley altogether.

I must pay for ships we do not use... speculation blunders and pool mistakes on futures these 'superstars' have no rational plan to fix... except to steal $40/t on cross subsidisation of the pools and 100's of millions in 'cost of sales' subsidies... while exempting themselves from buybacks.

Sweetheart deals all around for 'single desk' Directors... Load up the ships... the Pirates are in ramming speed mode.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...