• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AB Bill 10... What to expect:

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AB Bill 10... What to expect:

Dear Grassfarmer et al,

After reflection on 'new' Bill 10 legislation... to 'change' the old 'new' property rights direction the 'Progressives' believe is right for Alberta...

The 'Coles notes' review:

1. The assumption is that PC Alberta will rule forever.
    Don't trust but verify...

JUST TRUST US... WE KNOW BEST.

Bill 10 changes nothing in this attitude.
    Bill 10 is simple 'window dressing' to this arrogance. Cabinet retains the power where it counts or really does matter. That is why they took this power away from municipalities and local citizens in the first place.

2. Your property rights are best protected by your local PC MLA... who can convince cacus and cabinet that, in a dispute with them (the PC Government), you are right... and they are all wrong.

The PC Alberta/Cabinet position is that: common law presumption of private and public property rights... are not needed.

Our courts are simply a bother. We do not need to trust the rule of law.

Representing Albertans and their aspirations is the exclusive domain of PC Alberta/cabinet.

2. Morris_Seiferling, the 'executive director' of the LUF... gave hours of explanations in 2 presentations on Bill 10 to us (Tues. Wed.)this week at Ag Environmental forums in Nisku.

Somehow land development (1996-2009) that had happened to Alberta... IS BAD.

Alberta Society must change.

'Progressives' believe the future must now be 'death by 100 appointed PC committees'.

But the insinuation is:

VERY Simple rules for PC supporters (Call the Premier).

1,000 meetings and migraine headaches for everyone else.

SAD.

3. The lack of 'grandfathering' provisions to present regional and municipal development plans is a direct violation of land owners’ property rights.

4. The deception being promoted... that large tracts of Agricultural Land would be 'saved' by this new 'Land Use Framework' legislation and the Land Use process; is not in any way proved... instead we in productive Agriculture are in grave danger of having the exact opposite effect.

Large tracts of existing private agricultural land will be subject to massive pressure to sell 'development credits' and 'environmental goods and services' as easements on prime crop land in Alberta to developers and industry.

PRIMARILY Agriculture land owners will be responsible to 'cleanse' our environment...(through increased 'biodiversity' payments on these land easements) ... and thus save Alberta from global ruin.

Hope this fairly describes why our problems have NOT been resolved by Alberta Bill 10.

So Tom, where am I wrong on these bills after reading your post? Individual farms must start proving that they are worthy of owning and farming the land that has been in their care for generations. They must also submit their land to anyone that deems it a better use in someone elses care (but they will pay "fairly" for it). It will be better to allow big time development in certain places, but the 75 year old guy two miles away needs to be dragged through the ringer to prove that subdividing 5 acres out of the bare quarter is ok.

Any of you guys advocating for these bills feel free to correct me.

Comment

Very good Tom but you are telling us nothing new .. still trying to play catch up after being on the wrong side for 6 months. Nice to see you could finally learn something and switch sides though.

Comment

grassfarmer,

There is a road show in progress telling folks they fixed everything.

Strange really because the Progressives never thought there was a problem at any point with the four main bills 19,24,36 and 50.

Go to a meeting and find out... Minister Mel and MLADoug Griffiths are in Killam March 24 at 7pm in the community centre.

Comment

Tom your assesment is accurate. It is very disconcerting that a government would open a nearly 2 year old ACT to change something that there wasn't a problem with. It is equally disconserting that they opened a 2 year old piece of Legislation up yet do not admit still that there was a problem with it. Furthermore it is disturbing that bill 11 changes only of few of the things some of us had a problem with. The don't worry trust us campaign will roll along stirring up as many questions as answers.

Comment

I went to hit spell check and hit enter instead. Oh well! Planning and protecting the Environment are good things but they cannot come at the expense of Property rights. There has to be a balance. These bills have a theme beyond what they appear on the surface.

What was the mood of the Ag guys at the AEPA meeting?

Comment

Per,

We are STILL waiting (it was done a year ago) for Dr. Ken Nicol's report to become public.
              "Dr. Ken Nicol appointed as Chair, Alberta Institute for Agriculture, Forestry and the Environment"

http://www.uleth.ca/notice/display.html?b=300&s=9381

The 'Progressive' elements have certainly taken control of our AB gov.

The 'Market' driven economy never ceases to amaze me. Gov. puts in a regulation... requires cross transfers of resourses and finances... then calls this a 'market driven economy".

It would only be so... IF everyone else we compete with did the same.

As we are the first... (and proud of it according to the 'internal stakeholders') we endanger the competitiveness of the whole economic system.

Many regulations need still to be created. The 9 regions and their land use frameworks... resulting in new regional development plans... which municipalities must then conform with.

Water reform is clearly coming... I will be very surprised if there are not valuations on water... and a different license system.

A new 'Clean Air Strategy' has been announced... not costed... and has industry flabbergasted. On the one hand... we are consulted to death... "water' but when air is involved... totally different. No consensus developed of sought.

These folks in Edmonton are skitzo... no consistency of process... just like the Land use process.

Comment

I researched a teensy bit.

...for what's it's worth:
                A bunch of fancy asses in Alberta jumped on the Green wagon, setting up green companies, investing in them, AND setting up green venture capital companies.

They want to rip oil apart.

These "environmentalists", aka greedy manipulative shitfaces with tentacles in every government imaginable, can build a windmill but they need to have access to land. Green needs to shut off your oil funace, but they have to supply power somehow.

Land means access. Farmers are the sheep. It's like killing lambs with two by fours.

Search the venture capitalists in Alberta along with words like sustainable and green energy and solar etc. Find the websites first and then link them.One by one. Be patient.

You will find lots of schnookies who should be horsewhipped in the nude in the dark in the Territories during a January storm if it is what it seems.

But then I do suffer from expanding senilty, imagary prolapse, predjudice, and beginning at midnight last night, as I removed my necklace of fresh garlic, a spell of uncontrollable wailing, its' pitch complimented by everlasting despair from being abandoned by words.

So don't take me at my word. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...