• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan Disaster

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan Disaster

Very sad day in Japan. Earthquake in Japan will have repercussions for our markets.

Here's a page with 36 pics, scrole down about 2/3's of the page to the larger pic(has thumb nails on the left margine.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42025882/ns/world_news-asiapacific

with canola down $25.00, I wonder if they lost some canola crushing capacity, one of the 36 pics shows a malt plant in ruin.

Comment

I would imagine that the condition of the ports and the ability to take delivery will be most important. Very sad day. But it is amazing to see the difference between Japan and Haiti, at least Japan has been preparing for and has the ability to deal with such a disaster. I often wonder how Vancouver and the Coast would fare if such a disaster hit us.

Comment

More negative news piles on the markets and down we go. 2008 repeats for different reasons.
        What a shame to be hit by a massive quake and then the ocean! Hope the nuclear plants don't cause more grief.

Comment

I was at the ctv news site. Read the comments. One person wondered if the tsunami would be hitting newfoundland. Another was worried about her boyfriend in Mozambique. Seriousness aside, I can not imagine living in a place which is so prone to disaster. Much of the world lives in floodplains, earthquake zones, hurricane areas, etc.

We can count our blessings of landlockedness, and nothing too extreme other than this long winter. Best wishes for Japan. If canola crashes because of their peril, who cares, It'll come back, and we are all alive and well at least.

Comment

We will have to watch for damage to ports. Japan is a just in time importer with limited storage. They require regular ship unloads to meet their needs.

Damage to canola crushing plants, flour mills, maltsters, etc, will have to be accessed. There may be more need to provide processed product versus seed short term but again, will need to accessed.

A sad day for a very important trading partner.

Comment

By the looks of that section of city, houses moving along with the water, the death toll is going to get high, no one can be alive there, we have not seen nothing yet.

Comment

Just got a text from friend in Japan. She says whole country side (large area)looks like after war. Fires etc.

Comment

B............

Comment

You just sumed up everything about you that statement BTO - Completely claseless !!!

Comment

BTO, you're a crude, merciless SOB!

Comment

Japan is a relationship buyer based on long term business/service. Don't 100 % buy on price. Buy consistent volumes year after year. Pay cash. Pay premiums. In the case of high protein 1CWRS wwheat, $25/tonne over US Pacific North West 1 dark northern spring. A customer Canada should look after like they were one of our family

Comment

lesm, furrowlicker or enibuddy else fer dat madder: Donut reaction two BTO's cummants lyke dat, he iz an antogonist luking for da reactionz, an gitting dem. He lyks teezing and sez tings fer shuck valu.

Written in BTO's language so he can understand it. Just kidding BTO , playing around like you and stooping a little, we all know your alot smarter than you let on.

Comment

Nothin is what We are. I'm movin on, don't worry about Me, cause im gon be ite wit outcha, you'll see. Ain't noone on dis Earth I'd much rather be, cause God Dammit I'm glad that I'm Me. Ifn yous felt da way I feel, I bet yous be in as good a mood as I am, but yous don't, so yous gist feel like you. If you could be where I'm at you'd wanna be you too.....

Comment

Maybe Cold and lots of snow isn't so bad. Real People on the ground there thoughts and prayers are with them.

BTO you are an Asshole!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...