• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expose CWB to Canadian voters

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expose CWB to Canadian voters

Hey guys. How about chipping in for full-page ads in the Globe & Mail and National Post describing the ship scandal and other perversions of the Wheat Board? Might wake up Harper and Ritz too and discredit Liberal and NDP (and Bloc) supporters. Might evn get some time on the CBC.

I'm in. Wholeheartedly, I may add. Where do I send my 50 bucks?

Comment

in for sure get rid of this 75 year ponzie scheme

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

maybe get the fifth estate or W5 to do a documentary about Canadians in shackles and chains.

Comment

Set it up and I'm in.

Comment

We are in. Not sure about involveing the CBC though.

Comment

Let's go for it! I don't really care what it costs- it will be a fraction of the cost as compared to what this archaic marketing system steals from me.

Comment

I am pretty sure an AVer had previously posted this weblink. I liked it for matter of fact reporting. You can glean historical facts from it. http://www.fcpp.org/publication.php/1623
                  I like the paragraphs.

After the war, the monopoly was temporarily extended, for the reason that it gave Ottawa the ability to provide low-cost wheat to the rebuilding of the mother country, Great Britain. By means of the postwar Canada-U.K. Wheat Agreement, Ottawa contractually agreed to supply, over a four-year period, 600 million bushels of prairie wheat at bargain prices.

This time there would be no offsetting payment to Prairie farmers. It was a policy that prompted John Diefenbaker to declare, "Fine, help Britain; I am all for it. But if gifts are made to Britain of aircraft, war material, or anything else manufactured, the cost doesn't come out of the manufacturer's pocket. You are treating farmers unfairly!"

In March of 1947, the Canadian Press ran a story that indicated during the first four years of its existence as a monopoly (1943-1947), the CWB had cost Prairie farmers $535 million in lost wheat revenues. And there were yet three more years of the postwar Canada-UK Wheat Agreement to be fulfilled.

Comment

OK. So who is putting the ad in? I nominate Tom. Who is writing it? Who is editting it? Who is pricing it out? What is the deal, are we gonna let this idea pass us by too? Typical board haters we are. All talk, no frigging action! I'm trying here to get the leader types to step up. Pretty tactful, hey?

Comment

Where do I send the money?

Comment

I'm in. Where do I send the money?

Comment

Seeing how the wheat growers are not going to press Harper and Ritz on this issue I will be happy to be part of the agriville group. I ho lets go......

Comment

I am in. Just make sure this is done professionally. the ad. There will be many that will kick in that are not on this site. Remember also - that the CWB will also counter the ad - using of course our money.

Comment

I am in in, do a web based fund raising campaign, we can pay through pay pal.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...