• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Deficit Shrinking....I bet there will be an election fairly soon.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federal Deficit Shrinking....I bet there will be an election fairly soon.

Looks like the economy is doing better than expected. Conservatives will try to take the credit and likely use for an election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/02/25/federal-deficit-december.html

The federal deficit for this fiscal year reached $27.4 billion by the end of December, the Finance Department reported Friday.

That was well down from the deficit of $39.4 billion by the same time in 2009.

The shortfall in December was $1.4 billion, compared with $3.1 billion in December 2009.

With three months of the fiscal year still to be accounted for, Ottawa is headed to come in below its $45.4-billion deficit target.

Last week, parliamentary budget officer Kevin Page suggested the government will post a deficit of under $40 billion this fiscal year.

With latest polls showing the conservatives at 40% support watch for a poison pill initiated by the government to trigger an election sometime soon.

Comment

That and the feeble private member's bill for some election cash out of prairie farmers.

Comment

I've got a coffee bet with my MP's office.
        I'm saying this spring, probably may they are betting next spring.

No election this fall as there are 5 provincial elections including Ontario.

Other thoughts.

Comment

gustgd,

If the Liberanos want to lose more seats... they will call an election this spring!

Am with you... really hope they do!

The dippers will lose big time if the liberanos spin the big wheel. I do not think they are actually that slow.

The Bloc could care less... the quicker Canada goes down... the better they would like it! Maximum power either way... unless a Conservative Majority.

Watch the poles. If the dippers see a good possibility of a Conservative majority... NO ELECTION till next spring.

SO... my heart says... PLEASE this spring... but I agree with the folks in your MP's office. If no big blunders...fed election NEXT SPRING.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...