• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers Q and A

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I went to school I wood have come up wit 420,000 Tonnes moved per year, per ship, equals 840,000 Tonnes Total. What School You go to???????? Tom's Buddies Guys are a JOKE, roughly only one ship sails per month!!!! Pathetic to say the Least......

Comment

Yes I missed that one BTO, you are right. But iis enough capacity to really make a difference?

The railcars haven't proven to be a cost saver in my view, mostly because of a lack of transparency.

Comment

29000 ballets less than 50t 12000 ballets no grain hauled - cwb knows whovotes because of marked envelopes accounting firm helping cwb at election has same repution as cwb - extra ballots sent in when needed - yep fair election for farmers for less

Comment

Q: How much CWB grain is moved through the St. Lawrence Seaway, in tonnes and dollar value, each year?
          A: Between 3 and 3.6 million tonnes per year, with a dollar value of between $70 and $75 million.

Q: How many trips will they make in a typical year?
          A. Each boat will make 14 trips in a typical year.

3,600,000 tonnes divided by 60,000 tonnes for 2 boats and 2 trips is 60 trips. Who is going to haul the other 46 loads? What is operational cost per trip versus custom hauled? CWB ships run for free? How much to ship a tonne of grain across the great lakes?

So many questions.

Comment

wd9,

It costs about $23/t now to ship the CWB grain or the $73m. (CWB figures)

As John Depape said earlier in another thread; shipping normally costs between $17 and $25/t.

To lower the cost from $23/t to $20/t... or $10M... is fine... however:

WHY should an Alberta grain grower pay Great Lakes laker freight? WE DO NOT SHIP EAST!

Is there some unwritten law that allow the CWB to deduct Manitoba grain shipping freight costs off Alberta growers price? IS THIS TRANSPARENT?

This will push more wheat production east... and force Alberta growers into more Canola... IF we are required to cross subsidise grain production in the eastern Prairies. It would also lower feed grain prices for livestock feed in Alberta.

Are we paying the extra freight now?

If we are... would we allow these thieves to steal even more from us???

Comment

The more I read about this, the less I like the deal to buy ships.

Comment

Why did the CWB stop at a two laker purchase since it has full control over how much it can dock off the cheques it prints to farmers?

Why not skin the collective us for $4.50/tonne over four years and cover all fresh water hauling? CWB logic says it's a money maker at two, why not 4.5 times as much at nine ships.

I mean, afterall, does it really matter to some farmers if a thief runs off with $1.00/tonne, or $4.50/tonne? He's still a thief at both rates.

Comment

Checking,

For the CWB to lock in our frieght on the 'Lakes'... for 25 years... is total fraud. They had no right to spend one cent of my money.. on this horrible deal.

Those in the media who have been taken in by this smooth high class rip off sales deal... are obviously NOT paying MY bills!!!

Like calling me up asking for $8K to get a 'Get out of jail FREE card'!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...