• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markets?

Canola down $26, beans down 0.60, corn limit down, oats 0.20. Middle East, China, funds? Missed any BIG news.

looks like freefall, what is going on?

Comment

Trend broke down and went the other way on us a
      week ago.

Comment

Will note among the only positives are crude oil and gold. Given what is happening in North Africa, lots of nervousness about the impact of higher energy prices on world economic growth. Note CeePee comments about uncertainty, volatility and unknowns. Will have to watch Black Swan.

Comment

Just checked the charts. Oil has a big spike up, so I'm guessing problems in the mid east has everyone nervous.

Comment

Is any one surprised? I didn't need charts to know it would crash. Always has, always will. Did we all expect 13 plus canola forever? I am actually surprised guys are surprised. On another forum I told guys to be priced for their comfort level of new crop. The response, NAAAHHHHHH, no need.

HMMMM. how soon they forget . Use common sense guys, charts are charts. Reality is reality. What do they say about 90% of the crop is sold at the........

Comment

If you think this is going to ration demand, maybe think again.

This is going to increase demand and then what happens to supply if the spring isn't ideal?

Acres have to be bought and this is not going to help. Canola processors and importers are probably not covered for new crop and this will lower canola acres not increase them. Drop the price and the whole supply does not get better.

But hey, I could be wrong but the world just a few days ago was getting nervous about the supply of food. Lower prices doesn't increase supply if your goal is to make the farmers growing it go broke or not throw everything at it without a reasonable return.

Comment

Ive got a floor of 12 dollars for beans,have not done
                canola,would quesstimate a proportional spot.

Comment

Political turmoil and NOBODY loses money except the farmer. No big moves in other markets. Great system of price discovery. Supply and demand has only a little to do with prices to the producer. Like people stop eating after the revolutions are over?

Comment

FreeWit hope dose words taste GOOD. Gonna be eatin'em when dis Market Turns Around..........

Comment

It very well will turn around. Always has, always will. I just wish I knew when... lol

Comment

Nothing news. Damn those shorter.
                        Just wait till it confirm that China declare drought and will do pull shorter pant.
                        Drought continue in Chinese.
                        http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1753

Comment

The chinese could be buying on this downturn.

Does anyone believe there is demand destruction now?

Comment

And does anyone read of the price of food coming down?

The middleman has increased his profitablity exponentially. And the processors had their needs covered at lower prices.

No one complaining about the food price not coming down?

Comment

If they complain of food rise, do change eating diets, like slug, ant, termite, and house fly, grasshopper what ever they can find to shut up complain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...