• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB board of directors not practicing due dillegence

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB board of directors not practicing due dillegence

The board of directors at the CWB should be taken to task on their lack of due dilligence.By law,if you sit on a board[elected or voluntary]you must practice Due Dilligence when making decisions.This buying ships thing is out of control.A court action should be initiated by the federal goverment to SUE these bastards.They are practicing communism at its finest.

Does anybody know if we have access to how each director voted on a particular motion?

Comment

No access on any specific motion.
      can't even get board minutes.

Write them and get a reply in writing how they voted.
      15 letters 15 replies to get it on the record.

Comment

Gust,what about Wikileaks?They seem to be able to uncover anything according to the news? If the public in general totally understood the bullshit that we have to put up with-the CWB would be gone in a minute.

Comment

FRom stewart wells, I requested the business plan including maintenance agreements for these boats.

Now since they have made the decision, I assumed that info would be readily available to farmers.

I emailed stewart 9 days ago no response yet. But I noticed he had time to comment publicly on the private members bill.

I guess explaining the boat decision doesn't matter to a farmer that asks a question about it.

Comment

Accountability meetings in March may be our first opportunity to ask questions.

THis may be the best way... ask for your director to deliver the info at the 'accountability' meeting in your area.

Comment

It would give me great satisfaction to see these clowns at the CWB be led out of the CWB building in handcuffs for overstepping their bounds.

Comment

I agree bigsteve, but methinks some of those appointed directors voted for these boats as well.

Due diligence and disclosure also means the directors have to declare if they have shares in any company benefitting from the board's decision. Other wise it might be seen as insider trading. Or they would have to excuse themselves from the boardroom when discussing it.

Considering that most of the management that brought the idea to the board know Mr. Measner and his influence in Soumat, something stinks. And the fact they have already denied it, means there is a cover-up of some sort. There should be a public inquiry for this type of collusion.

And I am still waiting for stewart wells response to my request for the business plan. Maybe there isn't one.

Comment

Bucket,

Did the CWB stress test the Ship business plan?

Why not disclose the plan of what the costs are... if the Conservatives win a Majority... and the CWB lost the ability to fund the ships... suppose AB and SK set up internal wheat boards like Ontario and Quebec have?

There are so many high risk issues with this project... it is hard to believe that a rational board of Directors in commercial industry... would even consider signing on... without permission from the folks who must pay for this!

Are we just pawns in a game of chess... ???

Comment

Along with the press release should have been the business plan to the farmers.

This isn't confidential knowledge anymore. I want to know how this is going to make money. And not just because oberg says it will. I want to see the technicals on these boats, like who pays for upkeep, what grains are shipped on them and the business plans for backhauls.

Then just copy it and the cwb could be in the trucking business as well.

It seems the cwb is one step ahead of the government by buying assets with someone else's money and creating a real cluster**** if the cwb is done away with.

Comment

The CWB board of directors are making decisions like the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool did before their demise.They are spending like a bunch of Drunken Sailors.

Comment

Well look who is on the board of directors for the cwb. Some helped those once mighty graincos to their demise. History does repeat itself. Unfortunately, not enough farmers in western canada follow these people's accomplishments or lack thereof.

Comment

buying Lakers without any consultation with the people who actually own the money they spent is ABSOLUTLY the darkest form of DICTATORSHIP.

The Conservatives will get a majority and we will see an end to these commy pinko dictators

Comment

ridgie,

The (NON) marketing of feed barley... A CWB accomplishment of Titanic accomplishment... The Ships... the same... #1 Winter Wheat @ $3.42/bu farm gate total return (Sown with 1200/t NH3 and 1400P2O5, droughted out at 25bu/ac)... as bad a joke as feed barley. Malt is only looking a little better cause the feed job is so badly done.

To write the self congrats Chairman Oberg just did... he deserves a Titanic Captains hat at his accountability meeting!!!

ANyone who tells me that

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...