• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 canola seed ???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 canola seed ???

does anyone here know, how all the canola seed returned in 2010 will be handled?
    1)Will the bags be emptied, mixed with other 2010 seed, then germ tested and rebagged?

2)Will it just be retagged with random bags tested?

3)Will it be blended with seed from the 2010 harvest?

4)Will tags indicate whether the seed has been blended from two different years?

5)If not blended, will one be able to read on tag which year the seed was treated?

Is there a general policy that all seed companies follow regarding old seed(treated)? What about Dekalb specifically?

What is the germ min for #1 Cert canola seed?

Laugh Out Loud.....

I know fer a fact da Canolie Seed gits rebagged as NEW Seed. Seen it wit my own eyes more den once. Seen the Germ Sheet fer all da seed lots and dey were rebagging seed wit 70% Germ sayin it wa 98% germ and was 4 years old. No they will not tell you that it has been rebagged and they will not blend different years of seed together. All dey do is empty the bags rerun through the baggin process, gits new bag, tag, & lot number. Voila, dare you have it new seed, everyones happy and noone knows the difference. Dis happens all da time, git used to it or seed someting else..........

Comment

Industry lying and cheatin, Comedian
      farmers? Now that is really NEWS that
      should be posted. My grain company, seed
      growing friends would deny, deny, deny,
      just like my insurance company friends.
      Lying, cheating, chieslers and marketeers
      seem to be runnin farmin these days. Oh
      well, we know that things change and after
      all change is good, isn't it?

Comment

If you ask they must show you or simply do not buy. BTO you are partly right, do you know how to read a seed tag, any blending is identified by the lot numbers. As far as blending old/new seed the big "D" is by far the worst. Blending may also be benificial if 2010 seed quality is ify, most 2009 seed was excelent. Never buy prosper treated seed that has been carried over, it can be deadly to germ/vigour.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...