• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phones?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phones?

On one of the threads below gregpet talked about liking his android phone better than his blackberry.

What does everyone else think? Which phone do you prefer?

I just went through a couple of frustrating days with my blackberry. Frustrating enough that I'll be considering trying something else in a year when the contract is up.

Blackberry has been the standard for a number of years now but there's the iphone, androids, and I think a windows phone now.

The Blackberry was great when we first got them and just got worse and worse to use. Didn't even bother waiting till our contract was up just went out and bought the Samsung Android outright, our choices are limited with good old Sasktel.

I prefer the Android since I do not care for all the proprietorship the comes with Apple and the Iphone. The windows based phones interest me but we could not wait any longer.

After 2 weeks with the Samsung I have no complaints and the touch screen is much easier to use than compared to the Blackberry. 3G service is improving in Sask. so we are pretty much covered everywhere.

Comment

I've learned that you have to treat these things like little computers.

Operating system needs to be updated every once and a while. And you have to be careful not to load the thing up with too much stuff or you run out of ram.

It could be that the amount of ram in the phone is the key to it running smoothly. Maybe that's more important than the platform. I don't know.

Comment

Gregpet, Are you comparing 1X to 3G I have Blackberry Torch with 3G and it performs just as good or better if you like editing documents than an IPhone ect. Fully Functional. So If you went from 1X to 3G that may have more to do with the difference than the actual phone.

I know one things is for damn sure is we have come a long way from the startack oh what 10 -12 years ago. WOW!

Just a heads up to anyone on the Manitoba border If you spend alot of time in Manitoba be careful about buying your phone from Sasktel. I am on 3G and went to Manitoba ag days and my phone was useless. MTS is teaming up with Rogers, where Sasktel teamed up with Bell. Anyways just a heads up to ask lots of questions about where these phones will work.

Comment

No I don't think the network was a problem. Our phones would constantly hang up when sending or receiving texts. Coverage was really good but so far this phone just seems to be superior to the 8830's we had so not fair to compare old technology to this newer one.

One thing I have noticed is that the battery draws down fast when I am using the phone. Will sit on standby for the entire weekend but only about 5-7 hours of use from a full charge although I use it a lot. Dance for the girls 3 times a week and badminton the other two days gives me lots of time to kill.

Comment

What girls are you dancing for? Pics?

Comment

Anybody rigging their ipad up with an air card?Pretty
              sure this would be the most awesome thing for the
              field.

Comment

Unfortunately this ballet consists of 6 and 11 year olds. No one would come to watch me, that's for sure.

Comment

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/11/lawsuit-apple-turned-iphone-3gs-into-ibricks-to-boost-iphone-4.ars

Comment

Another reason I don't care for Apple and prefer the Windows or Android operating systems. Which one are you leaning toward Fransisco?

Comment

I've got at least another year to go on my contract. Maybe a year and a half. So I haven't taked that serious a look yet.

I've been leaning towards an iphone because I thought apple had the reputation of their stuff just working and being more user friendly. Then I read the above article.

The android's have me curious because they really seem to have taken off the last little while.

I originally got the blackberry because I like their little keyboard. I'm still not sure what it would be like trying to type on a touch screen. But it sure would be nice to have the bigger screen for reading things, particularly pdf's which I've given up trying to read on my blackberry.

Which one of these will do the job with the least amount of headaches is the question.

Comment

Without a doubt, you will never ever get better and more reliable products than apple. Since we decided a few years ago, to turn to apple, we never seem to have a glitch. Was always running them window products in for some reason. I do know of companies that have switched over to apple, and they will tell you without a doubt that there down time is way, way less. I was told recently, that if apple had a Steve Jobbs doing there marketing twenty years ago,along with there reliable product they have always sold, windows would of never made it. Ah yes marketing, as farmers we all know it is the success to profit!!

Comment

I have an iPhones 3gs and it works very well. Bought an OtterBox Case for it due to the nature of the environment the phone can be in. The case is clunky but it is tough, worth it.

The phone itself has tons of cool features and a bazillion apps, ranging from must have to totally useless. Internet works great picks up wifi very easily. Just love the all in one of this phone, replaces ipod, gps, calculator, laptop, etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...