• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Shipping

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Shipping

Is anyone else out there still trying to get delivery of their november Canola contracts. We have just delivered ours to one comapny but await to deliver to another. Is it time to get the contracts a bit more even on penalties for none compliance? Should you get the basis changed to the delivery month that you delivered on if it was better than the one you wnated to deliver in?

How about them paying out the cash value at the end of Nov/contract, then they can pick it up when ever they want(except weather), provided it out by July 31.

Comment

We farms will have to make these companies change the contracts so there are penitily for not holding up there side of the contract.

Comment

We are having the same issue now with our Nexerra through Richardson. Had 40tonne priced and booked for November delivery. Agent was reminded several times that if they wanted to get our inputs paid off, that they needed to move this canola or lose a customer for 2011. Bills are due jan 31 and they called yesterday wanting delivery. Nov had a $35 dollar premium and now january is 42. I told them that I wanted the 42 premium for storage. They said I am sol. Talked to a few other companies at cps and Louis Dreyfus is offerring a $35 premium no matter which delivery period is chosen. They are also offerring to pay $10 for every month that they dont allow delivery of origional contract.

Comment

sorry to clarify. Dreyfus is offering that package on 2011 crop

Comment

My Novemeber contract with Richardsons was not delivered until late Decemeber. So I checked the contract terms. For certian reasons, Richardsons can extend the delivery period two months, and then again for one month after that. Valid reasons are rail company failures, or mechanical breackdowns. So in my case the problem appears to be the rail company, not Richardsons.

Comment

Read the contract, change the delivery options they
              have if you do not like them. Sometimes they will and
              other times they walk away. Some of those contracts
              are very bias against you and your options for cash
              flow if they decide to move delivery or time of delivery.
              For fall 2011 Viterra had no issue with us putting in
              any change must be mutual and if not, delivery and
              settlement is as stated by end of that month.

Comment

Its been years since had anything to do with nexera but the excuses are the same. They crush this stuff in canada, probably sask or alberta. The grain company could use b trains to move it.

Most people would tell them to get it or it is getting sold on the regular market at another company, since the deadline has passed. Most would still be money ahead since they don't want to pay storage costs. Richardsons should maybe invest in storage since they figure it is so cheap.

Comment

Red River MB
                  Good to know that they will allow changes. This is the third year we have had Canola contracts that were late in being able to deliver and there is a ground swell revolt starting to take place.

Comment

No problems with Bunge. Delivery as promised.

Comment

yep definately no prob with bunge. Dad contracted his through there. Richardsons cheap storage is the few wooden elevators they have left. I was told that Davidson and Shellbrook are full of nexerra. They are gonna deliver ours to Lake Lenore. Our local Richardson Marketting Rep said in the future they will probably store Nexerra in wakaw too. I told them that I wouldn't be surprised if all those old wooden elevators full of nexerra magically started to burn if they cant find a buyer for all the nexerra they have accumulated over the years lol

Comment

Why grow nexera ?? I have heard nothing but greif for the most part on deliveries and grades. Yields are way behind most hybreds by 20% or more - in this area anyway.

Comment

Just wondering if you get bonuses like
                          UK on your canola.

OIL BASIS 40% Premium of 1.5% of
                          contract price for each 1% over 40%
                          Penalty of 1.5% of contract price for
                          each 1% under 40%

MOISTURE BASIS 9% MINIMUM 6% Premium of
                          1% of contract price for each 1% under
                          9% down to 6%
                          Penalty of 1% of contract price for each
                          1% over 9% up to 10%

Buyer has the right to reject a parcel
                          with over 9% or under 6% moisture
                          content

ADMIXTURE BASIS 2% MAXIMUM 4% Premium of
                          1% of contract price for each 1% under
                          2% down to zero

Penalty of 2% of contact price for each
                          1% over 2% up to 3%
                          Penalty of 4% of contract price for each
                          1% over 3% up to 4%

Buyer has the right to reject a parcel
                          with over 2% admixture content.

At current prices this can add up to
                          £30/£40/tonne.

Comment

No component pricing in Canada for the majority of canola. A good thing if you live in Manitoba, bad if you live in AB, especially the peace.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...