• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A real Commodity Marketing thread. Although its SWS wheat so probably will get into a Monopoly rant

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHA I must have been out of it last night! still pretty sweet even with real math!

Here's to hoping you can get some seed in the ground freewheat, you deserve it!

Comment

Hey bgmb, optimism with numbers is a good thing!!!!lol Your were high, but even the real numbers are excellent, and my optimism is tempered only by the degree of wetness right now.

Thanks for your well wishes.

I could sure live with these prices, goodness, I'm dying to pre-price, but alas, I am too chicken as I look at the snow outside...

Comment

Freewheat

"The lord hates a coward"

But what is the worst thing that could happen. Sign a contract and they go higher, roll it until you are out. If the market goes down and you don't seed, you are in the money anyway.

Comment

We once lost 1 cent per bu., selling on a contract. I was so pissed, I'll never do that again! Take all your fancy, fine print, lets pretend, gonna get rich, your sooooo special, don't need a lawyer, God fersaken contracts and put them where the sun don't shine, er in a compost heap.

Comment

freewheat.

It is perhaps a year to look at some option strategies if you are worried about the production side and are not prepared to take on the risk of margin calls for a straight futures contract.

Buying wheat puts are select points could help with your risk management strategy. Get advice but some of the cost could be offset with selling calls. Calls in case could also be considered a grain pricing order. If you go in with the thinking that I would sell for sure if wheat hits $10/bu, then being short a call may have a place and help pay for a put.

Others have done here and will have their own comments on the actual results.

Comment

Burbert

You happily sign cwb contracts every year and you lose more than that penny on storage alone when the grain doesn't get called in. Not to mention the interest you could have earned on the revenue.

I don't get your point.

Comment

FreeWheat if'n you dis worried about havin' Wet Feet agin' dis year. Why don't you's buy a High Hoe and start cleanin' da snow out da ditches??? Werks here to git da water movin'. Someting to Ponder while yer sittin' dare in yer Rocking Chair drinkin' Tea.....

Agusta still waitin fer you to break yer $180 expenses down fer us all to go over. Seems high fer pasture land. Maybee I kin help cut some fat off da Bill.....

Comment

Knot worried about da Wind. To many Models pullin' on my shirt. Keep me grounded.......

Comment

I have to admit that was funny. Fixing
                    one of our semis today so need a laugh.
                    Brandon tomorrow have a great show.

Comment

I have to admit that was funny. Fixing
                      one of our semis today so need a laugh.
                      Brandon tomorrow have a great show.

Comment

BTO, Hope ya have a good time at the show. Might wanna keep an eye out fer the desenters and marketeers in attendance. Easy to spot them though, they'll be chiseling, whinning and snivelling, it not to each other then to whomever will listen!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...