• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Agriculture Chat Website

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Agriculture Chat Website

Would any of the users of Agri-ville be interested in using a new Website developed to suit the needs of our current posters?

I would look into paying an independant firm to set-up a page that had feature such as "Hot Topics" always refreshed to the top of the topic list. Have the ability to send private messages to people posting on the site and whatever other features users would like to have on there.

I would report directly to the site administrator. Before setting up this web-site I would take a considerable amount of time listening to requests and needs of current users.

I find that the information on this site is excellent and that there is a wealth of knowledge available here. Just the format here is dated.

It would be a costly venture, but worth it if others saw value in it.

Maybe even a "block user" option to block posts from showing up on your computer screen. Someone putting up attacks can continue to post so as not to use censorship, but you can ignore what they have to say. Just like deciding to not sit with someone at a coffee shop. You can't tell them not to come and have coffee, but you don't have to listen to what they are saying either.

By all means...go right ahead and create a new forum. Just remember to ban all CWB supporters, NDPers, Liberals, Commies, Democrats, Co-op members, Atheists and anyone who farms fewer than 3000 acres.

That should get you the crowd that you want to discuss issues with.

Comment

Leave it to you Wilag to slag people who not only don't want to talk to you, but would rather talk with others who respect each others personal and property rights, and freedom of choice.

Crazy huh?

Comment

We are fortunate Agri-ville allows all views.

You openly court Agrivile's posters to see if they will support a competing site to Agriville. On Agriville!
        And then ask for our advice. That's so quaint.

I'm curious. Did you broach your idea with Joe?

Here's a couple of ideas for you...

1. maybe you could court Joe's sponsor's as well, asking them to leave this site and support your site instead (tic).

2.On the kind of site you yearn for, a competing post such as you have made today MUST be quietly "censored'.(tic)

3. Just copy and paste the "interesting" info from AV onto your site! (tic)

Your business accumen leaves me hoping you'll share it on a "How To Do Business" blog. Who could resist such wisdom? Parsley

Comment

Silverback: slag???...good advice is slag? Seldom do I slag anyone unless they are really off base.

Comment

Sorry, I guess I have misinterpreted all your past posts as actually being friendly and affectionate to those that don't believe in your worldview.

Comment

Parsley,

People are constantly asking for change and updates to this site. And what changes? Nothing.

I am just simply asking if anyone would be interested.

I am not doing this to compete with Agri-ville. I am offering something that might be of value to producers.

Calm down.

Comment

Kind of bad form lakenheath. Go set up your site and I am sure you will attract posters. Several of my favorite haunts eventually upgraded to faster fancier digs. This one will someday too.

Comment

If you have difficulty understanding, try extrapolating:

"Would any of the users of WALLMART be interested in using a new Website developed to suit the needs of our current posters?

ZELLERS would look into paying an independant firm ....
                  Zellers would report directly... Zellers would take a considerable amount of time listening...
                  Zellers find that the information on this site is excellent and that there is a wealth of knowledge available here. "

The most important question is...did you have the courtesy to broach Joe first? Parsley

Comment

Brilliant analogy Parsley....I post on multiple forums on the Internet and will continue to post on Agri-ville as I am an information seeker. Not a preacher like you.

I am not setting up a website to take away "business" from Agri-ville. Just creating another tool for farmers to share information.

I am not profit seeking not looking to take away from others.

Stick to what you know....which isn't "all".

Comment

Parsely....let me "broach" you.

Would you feel better if I have a link to Agri-ville on the web-site and promoted it.

Fancy that idea! Maybe it would give Agri-ville more exposure and be a net-benifit.

Funny how the "organic" people get so opinionated so fast. Must be something to do with the lack of nutrients in the organic food they consume.

Comment

Did you "broach" Joe about bashing the CWB?

They are paid for advertising space on Agri-ville. It would be courtesy for a user to "broach" the administrator about such things, when the site relies on ad funding to continue providing you a forum to say the things you say.

p.s. I do not support the CWB so save your rant.

Comment

"Stick to what you know....which isn't "all"." says lakenheath.

I agree with you lakenheath. (Read above quote again, lol).

Which is why I seek to know more about courtesy.

One more time, did you have the courtesy to broach Joe first? Just a yes or no. You're getting preachy. LOL Pars

Comment

If you don't like the site take off, make somehing new. I like it because when you see the nutcases submit something on here you feel kinda important because you actually get to converse with someone likely qualified to be the minister of agriculture or in the department, because once they get there they don't talk to anyone but themselves.

Comment

Why do you want to learn more about courtesy?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...