• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crop production week in Saskatoon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crop production week in Saskatoon

Is anyone going to crop production week in Saskatoon?

If you are what are you taking in?

We are going Monday to Wed. Go to the prarieland exhibition on Monday and look around. I am interested at looking at some seed treaters, mobile seed cleaners and the inoculent that can be put on with the seed and is good for 30 days. Not sure what the inoculent is called but have heard about it through word of mouth.

Then take in the Sask seed growers info on Tues and Wed.

I'm going to the Mustard meeting on Wednesday and tour the show on Thursday. Not really looking for anything specific, just going to look around. I'll be the guy wearing this shirt at the show...

<a href="http://s335.photobucket.com/albums/m441/npksetal/?action=view&current=RU3.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

Comment

You should have set up a booth to sell those shirts you could have made a killing. The 30 day thing I think you are talking about is called Protec.

Comment

Sweet shirt, I agree you could make a good dollar selling it at farm shows across western Canada.

Comment

You could glean the clever quotes from the video and offer a few options to the customers. My favorite one is "I cannot take intangible advantages to the bank to pay my bills". Clever, funny stuff!!

Comment

I like the quotes on the next animated video:

"Like Tell Gretztky to play tenus instead of Hockey" and "I ended up with a closet full of shamwow's!" on the top of the special 75 year CWB wheat Logo!

Comment

Looking to find a SIMPLE ag software program for cost of production.
              I am going to stop at FCC and give them my rant on how they screwed up a good program FIELDMASTER and now have only field-manager pro.
              I don't want to know my gps coordinates or the temp on July 7 2010 or grain inventory. I just want to do c.o.p scenarios.
              I had been using fieldmaster for years and my computer had a malfunction and after getting it back from shop I have lost the program.
              I don't want to build a nuclear power plant , I just want to boil water.lol

Comment

Why do you need cost of production if you
                grow board grains?

Trust the board, they will provide.

Comment

I want to know my cost per Bushel of every grain I grow , whether it is board or non board

Comment

Why does it matter what it costs to grow
                    if you cant price it?

Comment

Ron You Sell All your lentils or Canola before you Grow it?

Comment

Everything I grow besides CWB I have to
                        option of pricing before I grow it.

And yes, I do contract a portion of each
                        crop I grow so I am not forced to dump
                        production into the cash market in the
                        fall.

Comment

So Whats your point Ron?
                          If you only price a portion of your crop your price you enter on c.o.p is no different than the projected pool price on the CWB.

Comment

<i> If you only price a portion of your crop your
                            price you enter on c.o.p is no different than the
                            projected pool price on the CWB.</i>

??????

Comment

So far the best cost of production software that I have found has been an excel spreadsheet.

I have to agree with the thoughts that FCC has taken Field Manager Pro and made it Field Manager mediocre.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...