• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BTOFarmall.... Some pics for you... And anyone who wants to see crops... grown on "shitty" land.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GreenValley how you holdin up in yer area wit dem 6 colonies all around you??? Dey expandin'??? Whats land sell/rent fer per acre in da area???

Yer flax is 6 inches tall and startin' to bloom. Da canary lookie on da tin side. Da wheat I kin still sees down da row when its headed. If yous got a bin bustin' crop yous shoodn't be able to sees down da row. Yer canolie is goin' down on da green side. Yous don't believe in pullin' a roller while swathin' canolie??? Sixth pic down from da top it lookie like yous drove down da swath...

If you's wanna expand & play wit da Big Boys, you's better git goin' cause you's only got roughly 5-10 years to do so...

You's don't need a lotta inputs to git top yields folks. What you's need is a healthy, balanced soil wit a neutral pH. Lotta nutrients dare in da ground tied up, gist gotta know how to release dem. Wit a healthy soil you's will not have to apply near as much chemicals. Farmers now a days have come to rely on all these fancy chemicals to raise a crop. Git da Corpies outta yer ear, start listenin' to what yer ground is tellin' You's....

Comment

Nice crops Klause.

Comment

BTO are you that much of an ass in real life - must be lonely, well at least you have burbot.

Comment

BTO are you the same ass that was run
          off thecombineforum.com or are you a
          different ass?

Klause, I wouldn't worry about becoming
          a huge/professional farmer. Stay
          focused on making the most with the
          crops/land you have. Off-farm work in
          the oilfield makes good money, makes the
          banker happy and gives you an off-farm
          option if all goes wrong. If there is
          an opportunity for farm expansion jump
          on it but only because its profitable
          not just because you want to be a big
          time operator.
          You would probably end up a washed up
          bitter old prick posting here on the 5
          year old computer your bankruptcy
          trustee let you keep because he felt
          sorry for you and your poor spelling.

(Nice pics, cheap, old, fixable
          equipment)

Comment

Great photos...thanks for sharing.

One thing I have learned is that everyone's situation is unique and they should focus on what is working best for them...must profitable...I try to learn from others but make the best decisions for our operation.

Good luck.

Comment

Different One, Thanks....

Comment

<blockquote>
                Nice pictures Klause.. my father used to have a cousin who farmed east of you in the Fork River area. Used to amaze me cause he had a flowing well in the middle of the farm yard. His farm was on the edge of the Mossy River. </blockquote>

Thanks! Yeah, we have a 20' deep well that supplies the house, and used to supply the sprayer... We put in a 144' deep well and it yields 35gpm with only 4' of screen... Water is never a problem here... Which is why we hope for drought. The water table supplies the soil with all it needs (think wick irrigation).

<blockquote>How close are you to Swan Plain?We farmed some land up there in the 80's. Back then round up was 40 dollars an acre.Land up there was very cheap and had people stopping by asking if we wanted more. Times have sure changed in the NE sask and NW Manitoba.

</blockquote>

Heh. It's funny how things like that change We're an hour south of Swan River... If you look on a map, find Provincial hiway 273.. we're just south of that.

<blockquote>
                GreenValley how you holdin up in yer area wit dem 6 colonies all around you??? Dey expandin'??? Whats land sell/rent fer per acre in da area???

Yer flax is 6 inches tall and startin' to bloom. Da canary lookie on da tin side. Da wheat I kin still sees down da row when its headed. If yous got a bin bustin' crop yous shoodn't be able to sees down da row. Yer canolie is goin' down on da green side. Yous don't believe in pullin' a roller while swathin' canolie??? Sixth pic down from da top it lookie like yous drove down da swath...

If you's wanna expand & play wit da Big Boys, you's better git goin' cause you's only got roughly 5-10 years to do so...

You's don't need a lotta inputs to git top yields folks. What you's need is a healthy, balanced soil wit a neutral pH. Lotta nutrients dare in da ground tied up, gist gotta know how to release dem. Wit a healthy soil you's will not have to apply near as much chemicals. Farmers now a days have come to rely on all these fancy chemicals to raise a crop. Git da Corpies outta yer ear, start listenin' to what yer ground is tellin' You's....
                </blockquote>

Seriously... learn to speak like an adult. I'm not even going to dignify that garbled mess with a response.

<blockquote>
                Nice crops Klause.
                </blockquote>

Thanks

<blockquote>
                Klause, I wouldn't worry about becoming
                a huge/professional farmer. Stay
                focused on making the most with the
                crops/land you have. Off-farm work in
                the oilfield makes good money, makes the
                banker happy and gives you an off-farm
                option if all goes wrong. If there is
                an opportunity for farm expansion jump
                on it but only because its profitable
                not just because you want to be a big
                time operator.
                You would probably end up a washed up
                bitter old prick posting here on the 5
                year old computer your bankruptcy
                trustee let you keep because he felt
                sorry for you and your poor spelling.

(Nice pics, cheap, old, fixable
                equipment)

</blockquote>

Thanks Ron!

I'm someone whose always determined to be better and (of course) to make more money... I started at age 16 with 100 cultivated acres, 400ac of old hay, and 60 cows, of which 30 calved any one year. New equipment doesn't make money, it costs.

The funny thing is, I'm setting up a 1982 Morris M-10 to do variable-rate and section control. My Belarus 4WD and now the FWA and the MF 1155 are auto-steer equipped... The combine has yield/moisture mapping. My sprayer is a high clearance pulltype with section, rate, and auto boom control... Tech saves money, and makes crops better, so I'll spend on that.

Land at $3K/acre is over valued, I won't spend money on that, and so on.

Some guys will think this is crazy, but to each his own I say.

My goal is to get to 5000 acres, and support my family off the farm. The oil patch, and my IT business simply facilitate that... Will I ever run all-new equipment? Probably not. I don't see the value in it. Will I run up land values? Also, probably not - always looking for deals.

Oh, and Ron, I'm curious... what's your screename on TCF? Would you be on Agtalk also? Is the first letter of your last name "K"?

<blockquote>
                Great photos...thanks for sharing.

One thing I have learned is that everyone's situation is unique and they should focus on what is working best for them...must profitable...I try to learn from others but make the best decisions for our operation.

Good luck. </blockquote>

Thanks! Those are wise words indeed, imho, skip!

Happy New Year to all (yes, even you, Burbert & BTOFarmall), and good luck in 2011 to everyone!

Comment

Ron, forever the biggest moron on Angriville ie "Screw the CWB, are you the biggest ass or what?" Word of advice, keep on farmin, cause the world will starve witout you in the drivers seat. Guys like you really, really, help in the fight against the board. You show how truly ignorant marketeers and chiselers are!!!!!

Comment

Burbert,

Description

OF YOURSELF.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures...
                      Happy New Year and all of the best this next year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...