• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montana DNS vs CWB Wheat prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana DNS vs CWB Wheat prices

timm,

$2/bu under MT DNS prices...

Whats THAT?

If the CWB was really working for us...

ADD $.45/bu for better CDN freight to Port than Montana, plus remember 14px in the US is 13.5px at the CWB. 1DNS most times our 2CWRS brings practically the same price in the US.

Northcentral Mt 1DNS13 US$7.28-7.37 1DNS14 US$8.61-8.77 1DNS15 US$9.88-9.97

Golden Triangle 1DNS13 US$7.31-7.47 1DNS14 US$8.67-8.71 1DNS15 US$9.67-9.91

Check your DTN timm;

USDA Montana Cash Grain 12/17 15:30
    BL_GR110
    Billings, MT Fri Dec 17, 2010 USDA Market News

Closing elevator bids compared to Thursday: Winter Wheat was 8 to 9 cents
    higher; Spring Wheat 6 to 7 higher; Durum Wheat steady to 15 higher; Malt
    Barley steady

1Durum13(12.5cdn) Northeast MT US$7.20-7.50/bu

What is the Number 1 Durum px13
    CWB price? CDN$5.86

What is the Number 1 CWRS px13.5
    CWB price? CDN$7.38/Bu.

Don;t give me the BS about 'Flexpro' no US or any other wheat grower on the planet is exposed to such deceptive theft.

Bottom LINE timmm... we are almost more than 2 Dollars a bushel short... on both Durum and CWRS.

So much for a 'premium'... it is only extracted FROM growers.

Where else did the money go???

TOM

I think you would have better luck beating your head against a brick wall than trying to explain the fact that american farmers are getting better returns than western canadian farmers.

Everything from a stupid 6 week signup flexpro/lottery, to fpc linked directly to the pool, to the call system lowers returns to western canadian farmers.

timm will never get it because his M.O. is to boast when he does better than everyone else. Forget about how the cwb effectively gave away one of the best durum crops in history. And the shitty returns on wheat.

Just go put a few bumps on your head, at least its a productive headache.

Comment

Yea Tom I have to agree, We can show over and over that farmers are loosing Billions with CWB yet some supposed Board supporter tries to show us (again no facts to back up his claim) that the CWB did OK.
      No timm the CWB costs us 2.00 like tom says a bushel.
      Last year the CWB cost me $300,000.00 imagine what I could have done with that.
      1. Help out govt of Canada to a tune of $150,000.00
      Just doing my part for Canada.
      2. Buy out some CWB supporter.
      Just doing my part for Canada
      3. Buy some new equipment so then help me out and take away form fed govt.
      4. Enjoy farming since I am in charge of all my crops.
      5. MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! we don't do what we do for fun. Its a job, my job and not some imbecile in Winter-peg.

Comment

Bucket,

This CWB is fraud. This CWB is wrong.

Timm is either a plant or would intentionally break his neighbour and wreck his local community. Would a person be that crass... and council other growers to destroy their neighbours???

If 1000t was only one quarter of his crop... either he was forced to price early... sadly the CWB limits our options, increases our risk... and adds no value to our farm.

How can they keep spending/wasting our money... on a 'single desk' that they know full well has cost 'designated area' grain growers Billions.

Enough; sorry Bucket head ache is permanent

Comment

Just want some thoughts on this. Iam not strongly saying the system we have is right, but i certainly do not believe in calling people that do not agree with you stupid. So for those of you very radical people, you may not understand the question. You type of people remind me of an old saying " You can go the the barn get you best ass, put a tuxedo on it, but it's still an ASS" Any how, all I ever hear is how much more money the grain is in the States. So I take it, that some of you on here always sell any open market grain for the very highest price of the year. If so good for you I wished I had your skill. Want i dont understand is some of you are saying that you would of never, never sold any of your wheat in early fall, when prices were lower? Remember, the 07-08 year when we ended up, yes after waiting for final, with over 12 dollars for durum. Early sellers too. In the US 80-90 percent sold there durum for 7.50-8.50 a bushel. I sure do admire guys like Saskfarmer3 and Tom 4cwb who are saying they ALWAYS hit the highs. Lets for sure get rid of CWB, I will gladly pay you to sell my grain. I guess iam a very poor marketer.

Comment

Small guy, quite small here too, nobody always hits the highest grain prices and lowest input prices. Only liars would claim that. When will be the highs in this marketing year? Might have seen them already. Had to sell some at over $12, sold little last year at $8. So an average, but better than 1/365 per day. Storing costs interest and has risk of grain condition.
            In the past 10 years, many times, storing one year would have made a lot more $$, but everyone needs cash flow. Not easy an call. Even if CWB marketers are honestly trying to their best, it still has risk. The point is if you bear no consequences of making error in judgment, you could give a shit, whereas doing our own marketing makes us try darn hard for WE suffer financial consequences personally. Simply most would rather make our own mistakes in life. Silly to PAY someone else to make the same mistakes. At least that one cost would be off our books!

Comment

fjlip,
              I agree 100 per cent. I always said that cwb employers who are to sell my grain, is like giving you money to the mutual fund investor. Does he really care what your fund is doing, especially in Canada were they get there percentage, it does not matter if it performs or not.

Comment

smallguy:

No body's talking about hitting the highs.

Most years the pool final is <b>lower than the lowest US price </b>.

There are two parts to marketing grain - basis and futures.

Under the CWB system, they are doing both for you. On wheat they stick to a pricing pace (futures related).

Their track record has not been that great. Why would you pay someone to do something you could do yourself?

Comment

According to Larry's last newsletter, peas, canola and flax are higher here than the northern states. And our freight is more? Basis is therefore much lower. Any one have oats, corn and soybean price comparisons with the US? Our "best in the world wheat" should also be a premium price. Without dual market we will never really know! "Trust me, I'm from the government, here to help you"!

Comment

smallguy

If the "stupid" is referring to my comments, I did not call anyone stupid, I called the programs stupid.

Comment

What part of the words "Freedom of Choice" is foreign to you?

Even if the board averaged a few cents more than our American neighbors it is not enough. Our family puts individual rights and those of our neighbors ahead of a few pennies a year.

When do you stand up as a man and take responsibility for your own situation?

At what point in someone's life did they decide they should have the right to decide how others life should be run?

Round and round and round with the numbers for years and years on end, but at the end of the day they don't matter.
                      Freedom matters.

Comment

Smallguy,

mONTNA Rail freight to PNW is 45 cents per bushel MORE through the US PNW than Alberta to Vancouver /Rupert.

i NEVER SAID I hit the highs... all the time. But I do get offended when the CWB pays $1-2/bu less than the US competitive sellers... shipping to the same markets.

Where is the money going? How can the CWB claim to extract a premium... when the only premium being extracted is out of the PPO contract I just gave the CWB permission to steal $1-2/bu?

There is no logical reason why I must haul my wheat to the US AT ALL. THis goes against every logical and ethical environmental standard. We owe it to every commercial grain grower in western Canada... to fix what we have and make it work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...