• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun Prairie Grain Minot vs CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So TIMM "Totally In My Mind" This joker is probably Flaman or one of the other Jokers on this site.
    If you really do farm Timmy boy that's all you grew my god what happened that your such a ps poor farmer that's all you could get for yield.
    Take your sample, take a drive to Bottineau or where ever south, see with your own eyes what it worth any day of the year. and you can deliver it all.
    IT's gone you get your money that day. and maybe see how real farmers farm. Or just let your wife ps away your profit of shopping. (that's another story) Or buy a car and bring it home it will more than pay for your time.

Comment

No, I'm assuming its an average farmer. LOL

Comment

Timmy boy why Kihei Cant afford to stay for month or more on bigger Islands.
        HA HA HAHAHAHA Try Westin two bedroom Condo.

Comment

Fransisy u forgot to adjust for protein !Take off
          .30 per quarter ...that would be .60 cents!

Comment

ok so the way it looks here is theres a bunch of cry baby farmers that cant make any money growing wheat so they bitch about the cwb or a guys like Timm whos making money growing good varieties, using sound agronomics, storing gain on farm to maximize harvest efficiency and marketing instead of ****ing around like some piss ant waiting in line at the terminals.. you know that place that really screws you over on a yearly basis. So timm id have to give you credit for taking reality and going with it. Yes we are stuck with the cwb and "shity logistics" that screw the Saskatchewan farmer.. but thats how it is and you just get it and go with it.

twenty years from now canola, early soybean and corn varieties will push wheat acres down to piss all and the cwb will be turfed and remembered only as a leech on the foot of the wc farmer... well thats a bit of a long shot but anyways until then id do like timm and concentrate on growing wheat or what best suits you, instead of cwb tears.

Comment

timm you may not be aware of this but 13.5% protein in the Canadian system and 14% protein in the American system are the exact same thing.

Comment

In the US all protein testers are calibrated to assume 12% moisture. In Canada they are calibrated to equate to 13.5% moisture. In Australia they calibrate basis using 11% moisture and I think that in the EU all protien is done basis dry matter. There isn't a CWB/CGC/Goodale type conspiracy. It's just that there simply isn't a common moisture base around the world when measuring protein.

Comment

Thanks cityguy, I never knew the exact reason why this was so just that it was.

Comment

Hey Larry take a little time off from your cut and paste
                    and check into this protein tester issue would ya !!

Comment

I knew the USA uses different moisture charts but didn't know there was a dif in protein too.

Have the samples that have been compared been Certified CGC samples or just checked against local elevators machines?

Comment

Protein is right for US/CAN. I wasn't aware that AUS was even lower. The drier the sample - the higher the protein. Zero moisture will yield the highest protein and some sales are based on zero % basis. What everyone buys for and sells for very different.

You have the link for CGC specs.

Here is the link for US.

http://www.ndwheat.com/uploads/resources/769/10-hrs-small.pdf

Geez - Timmy - 4000 MT of wheat and you have never brought a wheat sample across the line...even when hauling your mustard south?

Comment

Cityguy,

In case you didn't know... the moisture measurment is also different.

Comment

Hey Tommy fer the CWB, I thought you was fer the CWB??? Maybee you ought to change yer handle now that you have saws the lightie???

Mr. Larie Websteer take time off??? Laugh Out Loud, he to busy helpin' us pooor farmers make moore moneys...

Bins make me oodles of cash every year, every year. Dey pay day in, day out, day in, day out. $1.20 per bushel storage IF, IF yous know where to buys it... No risk at all wit heatin' or bugs IF, IF yous know whatch yer doin'....

Comment

BTO,

All the best in your storage projects.

For folks who need a transparent and fair marketing system that ACTUALLY provides real premiums... the CWB needs to better meet their needs.

I am certainly FOR the CWB becoming accountable and honest with 'designated area' grain growers... and all Canadians... instead of flat out deceptions and breaches of their own CWB code of conduct.

Hope you would agree the CWB needs to do a better job especially for younger farmers.

Comment

Hey BTO Burpfart or who ever you are. Yes building bins and lots of storage makes me money money money. But I am in charge not some flunky and if I screw up its my problem. But rewarding someone for incompetence is just plain idiotic.
                                TIMMY TIMMY glad you were the only farmer who actually might have made some money with one CWB program.
                                Sort of like the Lottery a few years ago and selling not on the day HRS hit 22 dollars and the CWB didn't increase their price that day. Waiting till next day when Grain market crashed and guessing the CWB would increase it that day.
                                But they hate when farmers make over 22 dollars a bushel.
                                So if you are a farmer have fun in Kihei (I should have read your post better thought you were on Kauai, its one of the nicest. Family has a condo in Kihei) were in kaanapali on beach most winters, I'm the Dark skinny Canadian. We can argue any time. Not your typical stereotype Canadian. But reality says the CWB screwed up again in 2009 2010 crop same as year before. So thats two strikes what will happen in 2010 2011. Im guessing strike three.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...