• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB 09-10 Finals out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no word from chuck et al. I don't wonder why.

Comment

Hobbyfmr,

"I am a farmer, so when I say..Farmers get what they deserve."

You do not grow wheat or barley?

The CWB claims day in and day out... that they 'extract' a premium.

Do wheat/barley farmers deserve this CWB deception?

Comment

Here CHUCKY CHUCKY Come and play. Also some of you other geniuses where the hell are you now. Oh probably on a vacation after making a profit marketing your canola or peas or lentils.
        God I'm still pst and its only the day after.

Comment

Hey at least you got to wait a year to feel screwed over, I was pissed too then remembered oh ya got hailed out last year no grain no pain . But then I reminded myself that we have a lot of malt barley this year above and beyond what I'd cash plused earlier and based on the pro thursday they've screwed the pooch on that one too obviously zero risk management on presold grains by the so called "premium" marketer" . So I don't have to wait a year to be disgusted, but rest assured no one will be fired or held accountable for this wonderful performance. At one point I thought the board was learning that we farmers were paying attention now more than ever, nope no accountability no skin in the game no worries, think Ian White is going to feel any heat over this ? yah sure..

Comment

Deathly silence was looking foward to some robust debate

A side issue not relevant to comments but farmers here are really looking foward to cargill/awb merger as cargill have been front runners for a fair part of this harvest and now with storage and handling farmers are hoping they may build port facilities to close the loop and compete with viterra at the ports, a intersting few years ahead

Comment

Sad but it wont be a interesting few years for western Canada farmers like Australia.
              Same old Sad and Sad.
              Going to do Xmas shopping. Oh yea no premium for me so kids go without. thanks CWB thanks.
              The Grinch that stole Christmas. Year in year out.
              Great Friday news story "I told you guys"

Comment

Likely get in trouble for asking this but why was
                anyone surprised? The June and September 2009/10
                PRO values were all close to the final payment
                numbers. Concerns about this were never raised in
                the electiion process. I can guarantee you the CWB
                final report will show premiums over other markets in
                their performance measurements

Comment

No never was just sad that cant even get a rise out of the CWB supporters their all gone into hiding. Oh yea thanks Larry for the info this morning that just made my day even more enjoyable.
                  So yes charlie no big surprise I knew all along they would under perform again and again and again.

Comment

So saskfarmer3, it doesn't bother you that the employees are spending their christmas bonus on their kids but yours go without?

You really are in the christmas spirit.

So giving!!!

Comment

SF3,

Just think about this;

We SHOULD be selling our milling wheat that has px for $125/t MORE than the CWB offers us now. Durum is no different.

It isn;t just 09-10... it is also 10-11... the CWB must have given away both crops? How else do we explain what is going on? The CWB just said consumers had to pay US prices...

"The U.S., which both carried in large wheat supplies and had a relatively positive quality result in 2010, is seeing enhanced export opportunities, which has supported prices . In general, when the world is forced to "buy American", it has a positive impact on the world wheat price structure. The U.S. is on pace for its biggest wheat export program in almost 20 years. Moreover, the higher valued hard red winter (HRW) wheat and hard red spring (HRS) wheat classes are the dominant components of the total U.S. export program. Given the quality and quantity deficiencies in the other exporting nations, demand will remain solid for U.S. and Canadian wheat."

So... SF3... why are we not being paid US prices...PNW $456/t DNS14px???

Comment

Guys The CWB frucked up huge last year the year before and probably this year. We lost Billions in western Canada We all know why. Cheap supply to our buyers. That's Canadian millers, China, India, Warburton and all the preferred customers.
                        The CWB confirmed the US caused price to rise. BO HO Canada and CWB are Cheap supplier and till we gut the CWB we will always be a cheap supplier.

Comment

So, those of us who sold nice #1 durum through the board will end up getting $4, while those who sold off-board in July to free up some bin space got $4.25 ON THE SPOT. Heck, we could have held on to 100% of our durum until the CWB will graciously give us our final payment, and instead, sold it to the local feedmill for 60 cents a bushel higher than the final payment.

I guess I'd better keep my off-farm day job....

Comment

Zee that's the same stuff were now selling for 5.25. Yes I have to wait the same length of time to get paid as the CWB but I got $1.25 more than the Genius's at CWB. Hm so Me vs them I'm $31,250 better. Hm Oh yea I guess I got my Christmas bonus like they did.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...