• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Marketing and percent sold?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola Marketing and percent sold?

OK as 2010 turns the corner and fades away and optimism starts again with 2011, lets focus on Canola and percentage of sales that have been made to date. Like Larry says pigs get slaughtered and last two days maybe good evidence of Christmas doldrums starting.
    Next week is week before Christmas and its a short week the following, grain markets will coast till new year from here on.
    Question of the day for marketing is what percentage of your 2009 crop is sold to date and what percentage of your 2010 at year end.
    Were down to nothing left for 2009 as most was sold in last two weeks.
    2010 sales have basis levels locked in for march and June and Nov delivery.
    12- 13 is an excellent price for Canola.
    Marketing into 2011 will get interesting as Argentina is still dry and Damage to Canola in Australia by some reports and photos will come out later. Western Canada is still a swamp and more snow is on the radar for tomorrow.
    Simply acreage from all accounts will be huge in 2011. This will have impact on fall prices if the crop does get planted and makes it till fall.
    Lots of potential to make money, lots of time till next fall. Mother nature will decide our faith. Lets hope shes in a better mood than 2010.

Do you want to know what i'm giving for presents at xmas too?

Comment

Yea WD 40 what did you get me I cant wait. A surprise from the CWB in a decent final payment. H!HM its marketing lets talk Canola.

Comment

40 %sold this week Nexera 14.00. Estimate of 55 cents lb N for spring , ugly!

Comment

I heard that for N. And it makes sense with crops inching upwards their going to gouge and gouge big. Priced out Big CIH quadtrac yesterday. SOLD OUT or wont arrive till mid may or later. Hm Price was OUCH. Even the paper they handed to me was hot.

Comment

30% 2010 crop and 10% expected 2011 crop. What I don't get is the people that complain about this years crop and then are at the dealership. Leave those poor people alone.

Comment

50% 2010 sold, 0% 2011

Comment

Saskfarmer3 pay me $20,0000 CDN and I will find you a quadtrac that exceeds your specs. You will be saving a tonne of money paying me $20,000 plus the cost of the tractor. Up to you, let me know.

Comment

I want to know what's for Xmas.

Comment

Just got to 100 percent on 09 crop for Jan delivery. Thinking to start 010 crop.

Comment

Isn"t it wonderful to have access to a market such as Canola in which an individual can participate in market rallies and pricing options that allow them to meet their own unique needs. An industry that has evolved from the grass roots, developed processing and value adding segments right here at home. Truely a breath of fresh air in and otherwise choking environment created with all the negativity that surrounds this draconian entity called the CWB. We can only keeping working hard to hopefully acheive someday these freedoms and success stories with all commodities we grow. Amen

Comment

90% 2009, 0% 2010. Shiny green and yellow "toys" for farm play. Will not fit under tree in the house, maybe under the spruce trees outside.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...