• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA out on SA production by 5mm tons.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDA out on SA production by 5mm tons.

My contacts in SA both say the USDA is out to lunch on SA production for corn and soy.
    World soy carryover at 60 MMT. If we subtract 5 MMT losses from ARG and BR. 55MMT.
    USDA rprt seems to fail to assess production loss in Arg corn and sbs. Corn usda 25mmt vs 21-23 local forecasts. Sbs 52mmt vs 46-48 local
    Dry in Argentina for next 10 days.

your contacts may be right, but the USDA probably has a contact or 2 in SA as well ...so maybe they are right.

How did your prediction on the Canadian canola crop turn out?

Comment

Not that bad if think about it. Since guys like you were telling me all summer I was wrong and Alberta and West Sask would out produce our best year.

Comment

sf3 we had a f^^k of a crop im se sask. so that is small portion of what goes on in the big picture. we are in short position in crop rotation. iam hopeing you guys can fill the void.

Comment

Jackflash I know we had a f$##k of a crop in SE and NE Sask on canola. The guy was saying I got it wrong. All I said is hey I was low they said it would be like normal year. Yea in end I was right. But next year our area will be wall to wall yellow. If we can seed. That's the Billion Dollar question. IF IF IF.

Comment

It wll have to be very dry in western canada from march through may to get 18 mill ac canola in. 15 mill ac will be a stretch if we get even one low presure system roll through in may. You are probably right on SA production. Stat Canada is still way out on unseeded ac and canola production here as well. Time will sort it all out.

Comment

Very light rains in ARG this weekend. Dry
              forecast. I am now very concerned about
              ARG
              soy potential. Paraguay and Rio Grande
              have received rains. Brazil is stable. ARG
              - sound the alarm!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...