• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malt Barley Contracts out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malt Barley Contracts out

Pioneer has a contract for trucking and cwb price.
    Cargill has a fixed price contract for 5.75 but no act of god so in our area tricky for seeding. Have to seed.
    Canada malt says wait boys the fun is just about to begin.
    Hm wait is the advise of the day.

No act of god on Malt should be illegal. 100% of the risk is on the farmer. If you don't get a crop you are at their mercy. With no transparent pricing on malt you have to buy it out at what arbitrary price they pull out of their ass. Then if you get a great price and crop and the price tumbles in the meantime you are screwed again since they will find any and many reasons to reject it, but accept it months later at the pool price.

Its a funny system where the malters blames the CWB, the CWB blames the line company, the line company is clueless and blames everyone. Too many hands in the pot, let me deal with the malster directly and have third party testing to tell us if it meets the standards set out in the contract.

And while I'm at it can some one please tell me where the "plus" comes in on cash plus contracts, seems to me to be cash plus a lot of negatives.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...