• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ff and double f

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ff and double f

Rain rain rain. Areas had 4 inches this afternoon and still raining myself 1.5 inches.

The remaining possibly 65% of the australian wheat crop is now in serious trouble in my opinion.

New segregations opened at the elevator in NSW and a disclaimer has to be signed bbefore delivery that if product is deemed unsaleable it will have to be returned to the grower at a later date. Its a black furry mess apparently.

Whats happening down their is the same as we had here all summer. Only thing were cold at night so mold etc doesn't take off like Australia. Good luck its the shits.

Comment

Its always unfortunate that in this business that usually in order for one group of producers to prosper another has to face adversity. Thank you for the updates Mallee we feel your pain and frustration as we have been there too. Though as 3 says our only saving grace this year was it did turn cold and that reduced the fungal levels. Been following this through the local papers and as you say its a mess to say the least.

Comment

you canadians havw had a scottish summer, now the aussies are getting it.
        we are now getting a canadian winter, twenty inches of snow this week, minus 19 c uheard of for early dec.
        hay is going to runout fast.

Comment

Disclaimers? Sending your grain home again, cause it's unsaleable? Sounds like something that our friends at Viterra would dream up. Welcome to the world of Comedian agriculture Oz. Innovative big wheel grain company Viterra strikes again, lucky yous!!!

Comment

Alot of wheat now has "white grain disease" in NSW a toxin develops and makes it poisonous to stock which is rife in the newly opened feed 3 grade.

The weather agencies are now calling it a event never seen in australia before.

Comment

What is the white grain disease? Fursarium?

Comment

Aflatoxins I would surmise?

Comment

i had never heard of it either.
                  i googled it, on australian google could well be called something else in other parts of the world

Comment

Charlie wins

http://www.graincorp.com.au/prodserv/SL/Harvest%20Bulletins/7%20-%20Fusarium%20and%20White%20Grain%20Disease.pdf

Comment

Here is Canada's description of fusarsium head blight and the resulting mycotoxins.

[URL="http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/guides-guides/identification/fusarium/iwbfm-mibof-eng.htm"]CGC[/URL]

Comment

I hate to show you this malle,but seeing as your
                        harvest is now like ours, maybe you could win a tow-
                        rope out of it.

http://www.stuckinthemuck.com/allphotos.php

Comment

After opening that site I fell to the ground in the fetal position as flashbacks of spraying and harvest started streaming through my mind.

Comment

Message on Friday from a guy who worked for us a few years back
                            he farms at Bethungra, New South Wales

G,day Gerrid

"We have had 100mm of rain in the last few days.Got our canola harvested before the rain.Averaged 2.2t/ha.Canola prices have increased due to weather damaged crops.Hearing a lot of sad stories of shot canola in windrows.Local mills are very nervous.Prices on friday were $525/t delivered cootamundra.
                            As for wheat,quality grain skyrocketed to about $420/t delivered port.Has jumped about $100 dollars in the last week.Hoping to get onto our harvesting next week but there is more rain forecast. All rivers locally are currently in flood.Parts of Wagga are being evacuated at the moment,as they expect the Murrumbidgee river to peek at 10 metres and the levy banks are only 9.9 metres. Makes for interesting times.Who wouldn't want to be a farmer."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...