• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is a novel Idea!!! But were Canada have to do the same thing over and over.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a novel Idea!!! But were Canada have to do the same thing over and over.

It seems to me their is a huge shortage of good milling wheat in world.
    High protein is needed along with good falling numbers. No ergot etc.
    In Canada its called feed wheat. Yea lets do a video on this one. It seems I'm not the only farmer with very nice high protein wheat that the CGC and CWB say is feed.
    Why not ship sample and baking info to Taiwan etc. They just paid 12 a bushel for boat load of high protein DNS wheat.
    Why not run around trying to sell the wheat we produced but do to some BS theory that it doesn't meet specks for Canadian millers. Move on and source outside. Moving huge amounts of this into the feed market is BS. This product if sprouts are low and Fusarium is low but has color and weight and falling numbers protein. Then think outside of the box and go after these players.
    PS on Canadian system look abroad. We have a product that meets their specifications on world stage but in Canada it doesnt so Ps on Canada.
    What do others think.

sf3

what do you think they have been doing at cigi for the last month? They have teaching the world how to mill with "what they tell farmers is feed wheat" when in reality is milling quality all along.

It is so obvious the cwb made some bad sales in the last few years. They are trying to cover it up by buying feed and selling milling so they can still say they are getting a premium.

Meanwhile the world is short of high quality wheat. Where did all the wheat they were paying storage on go?

Comment

Like my buddies 80000 Bushels of #2 Durum last year. Sold for 2.50 or less and it is long gone. The CWB just keeps tripping over itself time and time again. IT's really getting sad.

Comment

The sad part of that story is if he had asked the cwb what to do with the durum, they would not have given any advice.

Some marketing agency that "works on behalf of farmers" that is????

Back in June when I asked if I should roll into the 2010-11 crop, the cwb pee-ons said the PROs look the same and there is no advantage to pushing into new crop and then still waiting for payment. I knew better, but those assholes were making sales at that time already and could of given some indication as to what was going on.

Like I said, some marketing agency that is.

Comment

SF3

Hey that taiwan deal was at 549/ton, according to Weber.

If that was a short ton, it would be at 16.47USD per bushel or 16.63cdn. Delivered.

Pretty good money.

But the cwb will be telling you that the US farmers sold early and can't capture that high price. The profit goes to the evil grain companies that paid for the grain, stored it, and took on the risk.

BUT what is the cwb excuse?????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...