• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealing with a Shitty Crop!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with a Shitty Crop!

Seams their is no change at the CGC or CWB with wheat and Durum. You grew it you poured every thing into it now were going to screw you and take it attitude.
    Did send the putz at CGC my samples like he said I should paid them for info. Still half a 3 high high protein and rest Canada feed. Reason mildew. Falling numbers high.
    So on the Cereals were pouched. New feed wheat program is a joke sorry CWB supporters but that's the facts.
    Durum now that's another fun one. CWB want last years in worst way. IT's now a poor two according to them but hey some day it will be delivered. The rest is a very nice #5 and will go off board to pioneer since they feel their is a need for it. Price with yield is good. But it was seeded in April.
    Next got back malt barley info its feed their short but thanks for keeping a bunch of last years over to fill half your contract. So now know barley is all feed.
    Then their was the tremendous pea yields, HA HA HA HA. Peas and water don't work.
    Canola you all know what happened much like peas water and canola don't mix. Price is up yield down.
    So now one has to adjust what to do this winter for a game plan. Fert is going up but according to DTN and Ag Canada it should be dropping. Yea lets see hm no competition cheap input costs screw farmers. Ah perfection.
    Glyphos is cheap one bright spot.
    Land is going up up up. Latest info a local reserve received their allocation and are buying. Note their buying out Edmonton land company land. Those guys paid a premium and these guys are buying hm can you say mega profit. Looks close to 1000 we will see in months time.
    So the next is moisture situation. Well you can sled anywhere and not drive anywhere in fields so i would say lots of snow. New thing in our area Graders hitting the ditch its a daily phenomenon. See sides are wet and when your using the wing get a little to close to ditch and wham, your in. one guy dumped it into a slough. They don't float.
    So those with bumper bonus yields thank your blessing. Those of us with the shit keep a brave face and good luck your going to need it.

Ooh also almost 24000 hits. Hm people are reading and seeing what we have to live with in western Canada. CWB video not doing so good. Hm could the numbers be their to finally end this dinosaur.

Comment

I wouldn't sell feed unless I saw it go directly into a steere (or other tasty animal). Someone is making a pile of money off our shitty grading system.

Comment

I guess since this is about marketing lets discuss what other guys are goind with this years crap.
        For us Durum is a no brainer. Target set for 5.25 and will liquidate Durum. Sorry CWB not interested.
        Now on last years some has been down graded do to fact had to keep a year. But still a poor #2 should dump with #5 or sell to CWB think they wont get to 5.25 thats a tough one. Shortage of quality but have to wait.
        Barley open market or will board try something for feed. Wait and see.
        Oats heavy #2 last year and this want 4 almost their will move once it hits. Thats the profit maker for our farm.
        Canola sold first stuff to crusher for $12.60 using their program of deliver last spring get 10Basis for fall deliver nov dec.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...