• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CWB Feed Wheat Program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen.

Sometimes you things don't seem like much but looking back farther
    you realize how far you have come.

This is major move forward. It could be applied to other wheat
    classses. It has already been done for soft white spring wheat. Why
    not prairie spring? Extra strong? Winter wheat?

Just make it less complicated and put out a daily cash price.

This is not playing with single desk. This is moving away from price
    pooling. A topic that never gets dealt with in the over simplified
    world/view of single desk.

Comment

Agreed charliep.

And had they done a GDC with a reasonable price for durum in the first week of august, the cwb wouldn't have a million dollar demurrage bill.

And farmers would not have spent millions on bins.

Comment

If you are in an odd numbered district and you haven't voted, you can influence the direction of durum programs. Not perfect but the CWB has moved away from traditional price pooling and into new full payment alternatives. Just not as fast on durum. A board of directors that says to the operations make something different happen will result in new programs and opportunities.

Comment

Asking price for feed wheat in Thunder Bay is now 290/tonne.

For feed wheat, and the cwb is doing you a favour by paying you $4.75 net mid point sask. That's a $3.00per bushel fee on every bushel you sell.

Comment

McFarms,

I believe the trucking incentive is $8/tonne these days(did not have that included in my final net figure), kind of hung there since the fuel price run up of a few years ago. I may not be getting all I can get out of this wheat but like others have said here, it beats the tar out of what I could get a few weeks ago. At least you can lock in a floor price without delivery. I sure never wanted to grow this much feed either... August and Spetember were just cruel. I'd love more like the $290/tonne mentioned at Thunder Bay but how the hell do you get it??

Comment

Steve
              Threw out a ballpark number so I wasn't saying something that was too high or too low figure the trucking does change dependant on area but 8 is fairly standard though in this area. Cargill was 50 cents lower than JRI and the tariifs were lower at cargill than JRI by like 18 cents.

Comment

200percent EPO equals the FPC feed price AFTER discount.

Do the numbers for Dec 3... the FPC is a few cents per tonne than the 200 percent EPO. AS was said time and time again... you can not lock in the FPC feed price... which is just a stupid rule the CWB made up to annoy farmers.

NOW

Did anyone know you are entitled to roll in PREVIOUS deliveries to the pool... to cover a new FPC just done say Dec 3 2010 for instance?

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/forms/farmers/fpcbpc/10-11/1011fpc_signup_all.pdf

It has a "Optional" box to check off 'Apply my earlier pool deliveries'

I have not seen this stated any where else but in this printed form.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...