• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CWB Feed Wheat Program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CWB Feed Wheat Program

When you have smashed your head long enough and you see the light, what does it mean.

A new feed wheat programs that puts cash in a farmers hands right away. Interesting but why now? Who made the decision? If it was CWB operations based on a B of D policy direction, why not 2 months ago?

Forgot to attach.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/newsroom/releases/2010/news_release.jsp?news=112910.jsp"]cwb feed wheat[/URL]

Comment

More stuff on the feed wheat program.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/producer/1011early/"]cwb fd wheat[/URL]

<a href="http://www.cwb.ca/db/contracts/ppo/ppo_prices.nsf/epo/epo-wheat-2010-feed-20101129.html">current values</a>

<a href="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/popups/feed_wheat.jsp">q and a</a>

<a href="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/producer/1011early/pdf/guide_complete.pdf">the rules</a>

Comment

The potential new program would be placed before the Board of Directors, voted on, and passed, and now be in effect. Pars

Comment

Why now?

Perhaps the CWB Board of Directors had a day or two to amuse themselves and sit in the Boardroom, while the equipment in the CWB gymn/spa/ is being upgraded to kid leather seats?

Pars

Comment

This is the interesting part:

For example, Viterra can negotiate a feed wheat price with you on the phone, send out a trucker for the feed wheat, mix it into feed, apply for an CWB export license paid for by YOU, and export the feed, and send you a cheque for the full amount in the mail.... and ckapitsta....all done! pars

(I need to stick to kitty talk, don't I, charliep.lol)

Comment

When I was a kid my mom used to say that
              if I watched too much TV, my eyeballs
              would turn square. Now, at the age of 36
              and after 5 minutes of looking at those
              new feed wheat EPO values, I am feeling it
              start to happen.

Comment

And the purpose is to make another bloody department and more staff at the Wheat Board,isn't it.

Those useless directors sit there and grunt-a-vote while they scratch each others' backs.

They don't read what comes in their information pacs; they'll VOTE FOR IT NO MATTER THE COST TO FARMERS!

I tell you folks, it's time to clean out that rotten grain pit. Pars

Comment

Brenda

Have to agree.

Perhaps the CWB is going for the equivalent of the most complicated mouse
                  award. A complicated devise when all that is needed is wooden board, a wire
                  with a spring and piece of cheese.

About as close to a daily offered price as you can get without calling it a
                  price. Potentially still no relationship necessarily with feed wheat sales prices
                  off the west coast although likely close these days. Why not just offer a daily
                  price and be done with it.

Comment

Bucket asked about the pricing pace and is relevant here.

The CWB has priced approximately 39 % of the 2010/11 pooling year total size with a target of 60 % by the end of January.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/producer/pace/calculator.jsp"]pricing pace bottom page[/URL]

In the current market and pricing , what is probability of a feed wheat payments will be 25 % above the current let alone double.

So what the CWB has offered is cash price to farmers that in a weird and wonder way allows the CWB operations side to manage risk and maintain pool integrity.

Still believe farmers should take the money run - take the 200% alternative and deposit it in the bank.

Maybe I don't understand and am talking Eskimo.

Comment

Charlie,

It is virtually impossible for the price of the feed wheat PRO to ever get to 150 percent... 200... with 40 percent of the pool priced?

The CWB must think we have noodles for brains.

I agree... cash the cheque.

It is a crime the CWB had not done this contract 2 months ago.... or at least before the 'A' series contracts closed Oct 31.

Almost every election now... the CWB dreams up a special treat... my guess is this is the 2010 brain child... along with extending the PPO cash prices till Feb.

Talk about "thinking out side the box"!

A 200 percent Early Payment Option.

WOW... and to think I might be the first to sign up... AGAIN!!!

Comment

Well it's about time.... idiots. Too bad there is no detail on the pricing discounts for the new EPO levels that I can find at least. I only see the old levels 100,90, 80%. Are these buried somewhere else on the website. I have a call into my FBR, I can imagine he is swamped with calls regarding this.

Comment

OOOPS. I just followe Charlie's link.

Found pricing. Holy Discount Batman.

Comment

It is one complicated program if you want to move beyond just the price/money you deposit in the bank (or at least within a couple of weeks of delivery). Perhaps a time you just look at the value and make a decision whether worthwhile. Don't wory about where the CWB came up with the number.

Not sure the rules around delivery and pricing - can you lock in a price on a GDC that will be delivered over a two month window - i.e lock in a price at the signing of a GDC.

Comment

I must be the dumbest farmer around. I have been trying to make sense of this since last night and still no return call from my FBR. We are back to the same old crap, run around BS. Post a daily price with 100% acceptance and be done with it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...