• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comedian Farm Meetings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comedian Farm Meetings

Just came from another farmer meeting. Man oh, man oh, man oh, man are there ever some sharp farm managers out there. The room was full of the the dumbest yokels God ever made. All scared they might sound stupid, or let a farm secret slip out. Yup all Canolie seed costs 8 - bucks a pound ta get, and oh by the way, there in left ta by soooos ya is outta luck anyways. Yup, yup yup Comedian farmers'll make it big on the huge 19 million er billion ac Comedian crop goin in the dirt 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick to growing feed barley at $.40/bus or hrsw @ $1.50/bus for an initial price - should get ya a long ways in life. I agree though canola seed is getting out of hand in price but canola also has net returns up to four times that of board grains.

Comment

furrow, if you are smart, you will save some common canola seed in a cool place.

You will not be able to afford designer canola ion the future. Pars

Comment

I have seen many others try this and heard the same song and dance for over ten years. Was told when canola seed was over $4/lb the same song as you sign today. As long as Liberty "sells" out, others will follow and the game will contiue, most will buy, some will keep some old forgoton variety and some will cheat the system. .

Comment

Burbert,

"The room was full of the the dumbest yokels God ever made."

Did God himself make you judge and jury?

Wow.

Comment

Now, now, Tom4CWB, you know that God never made your good friend from Alberta. He evolved from the badlands which is why you will be unlikely, ever, to agree with him on much!!!

I'm curious as to whether saving some old forgotten variety of canala, or brown bagging has any usefulness. Isn't flea beetle control the more pressing issue that would discourage either of the above options, if you were of that nature?

Comment

I would assume that an unadulterated preserved variety of canola could possibly be genetically modified by a scientist-farmer to satisfy farmers' requests such as yours? Pars

Comment

Burbert, do you actually farm? Or just have fun
                trolling?

Comment

Bad idea on many levels, but some try anything just to prove a point.
                  Pars - huh??? Simple - some have tried brown bagging, from o.p. canola, r/r canola, clearfield, to liberty. Most are buying cert now. Good bad or otherwise - not my call, do not care either way just sayin in response to burbots idiodic post. End of the day canola pays up to 70% of the bills accross the parkland.

Comment

Claws - He's covered more acres then you could ever dream of, Boiii...

Comment

Have you ever heard, one single Comedian farmer, ever say anthing brilliant at a meeting? If so, kindly please enlighten us, out here in the hinterland. Exception of course is alien Tom, that nobody can make heads or tails of, except that he is Gods Gift to the Comedian Gag Industry and the more he spews the richer we all are causa his deviened intervention.

Comment

Burbert,

"Have you ever heard, one single Comedian farmer, ever say anything brilliant at a meeting?"

YES.

Every grain grower that ever said or questioned anything... is an important part of our AG industry.

Asking questions and indicating how others affect our farms... is a very necessary part of the process to improve our industry and help us become more effective providers of good safe food.

So every comment is a 'brilliant' comment... because 9 times of 10... 100 other farmers are asking the same question... but are too polite to speak up.

Your tactic of attacking anyone who dares to question anything... Burbert... is telling.

WHO EXACTLY do YOU work FOR???

Comment

Would encourage Burbert to attend Farm Tech in Edmonton. January 26 to 28.

[URL="http://www.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=e809ad54-7a1f-4687-ac0e-7cb96cfc835e"]farm tech 2011[/URL]

Know you won't go but an opportunity to make sure this conference is on others calendars.

Comment

BTOfarmall and Burbert... If you two are farmers, you have got to be the most pathetic operators in Canada...

The only way you can remotely try and get a point across is through name calling, jokes, and irrational statements.

When you two have finally learned to act like civil and educated human beings, then perhaps you can come on here, make a post, and be taken seriously.

As it stands, I think both of you are young kids who love trolling - that's the way you are making yourselves look on here.

If in fact, I am wrong, and the two of you are farmers - you do not need to wonder why we have a bad image - it is quite simply because of people like you.

My $0.02

Comment

The attitude at the cwb is the same as burberts. "Don't ask stupid questions."

Funny, I tell my kids there is no stupid question, only mistakes from not asking.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...