• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing "Slaughter Tuesday"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words funds have taken profits . Waiting for a pullback to buy back and the cycle repeats. No basic change in fundamentals.

Comment

Charlie, are you suggesting that we could see similar
      moves for canola this year?
      Or am I missing something?

Comment

Sign me up for that course and send me the
        dates.

Comment

charliep,just provide me with the flight number and departure date that you will be taking; I'm in.

I haven't heard a word from Lee. I believe he has disowned me ever since I offerred to drive his car...... Pars.

Comment

I don't think the same set of fundamentals are in place to push prices to
            the highs of 2008 but could be wrong - lots of stuff is going to happen
            over the next year. Just highlighting the monthly trading ranges and
            volatility that was in place in 2008. A mentor (Les Lyster for Albertans)
            told me stable prices equate to low prices. High volatility occurs during
            high price periods. Suspect that a person that admits they can't call this
            market and from there sets disciplined pricing targets/acts to sell some
            will be as well off as anyone and likely won't get the ulcers. Have a couple
            of signups already for the marketing course - likely some learning to be
            done here.

Comment

Taking a course in criminology would be more useful than a marketing course. The boys that move these markets don't play by your marketing rules.

Comment

The funds took their profits, did they? What stopped you from doing the same? Establish some stops under the market and you'll be as smart as they are.

Comment

And don't forget, you can thank the funds for helping drive the market higher too. They've been much bigger buyers of canola than they have been short.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...