• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chokes me up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chokes me up

Never used to. I'm 34, but now when I see world war footage, and the brutality of what these guys and gals went through, it chokes me up. I am thankful Layton or Iggy were not in power in 1914 or 1939. We would have been neutral, and not put forth the effort to stop the carnage.

Thank you veterans and those who served, and paid the price, big and small.

Well said.

Comment

Lest We Forget

Just returned from our local Service and it truly is moving when you see the pride in our veterans. The Bravery and unselfishness of our military is inspiring.

God bless you all!

Comment

Killing a fellow human being rests heavily.

War is a forever-ever burden on those who served.

Well attended local service this morning. And teary for me. Pars

Comment

The address, given by a woman of the cloth, might have been written and delivered by Chamberlin in 1939.

I'd like to see her try and deliver her address in Iraq next Sunday. Parsley

Comment

We have plenty of family and friends that sacrificed everything, among the friends were liberals, conservatives, ccf(ndp), first nations, and probably seperatists. Do we really have to make a comment about Iggy and Layton, and politicize Rememberance Day? that pretty much disrespects all those that are and were not conservatives during the wars then and now.

Comment

I wasn't able to observe the minute of silence at 11 but today is a day I will
              remember the sacrifices that have made on our/my behalf. The conflict in
              Afganistan and the sacrifice of todays military families is but a reminder of
              the past.

Comment

Busy dealing with other family things today but simply!
                NEVER FORGET!!!!

Comment

Sorry about politicking re Iggy and Layton. I apologize, BUT Liberals used to be conservative, and conservatives used to be actual conservatives. I just mean times have changed.

Watched some you tubes on some of the german leaders of WW2. Brutal...

Comment

Watched 6 hours of Apocalypse, WW2 on National Geographic channel. A history lesson with actual film footage. Very graphic, well done, shocking at times.

Comment

Did anyone catch the docu-drama Storming Juno on history channel last evening?
                      Absolutly breathtaking what our boys went through.
                      "You either grew up that day or you never grew up"
                      God Bless Our Veterans!

If you have decently fast internet go check out this link.
                      http://stormingjuno.com/

Comment

I'm with you freewheat!

Comment

i was reading about passchendale recently.
                          it seems that the the only force that could dislodge
                          the germans were the canadians. They were the hit
                          men when every one else failed.
                          Was that because they had decent , tough officers,
                          unlike the british upper class twits who ordered their
                          men to walk into machine gun fire while they hid well
                          behind the front?
                          visited the somme ten yrs ago, the newfoundland
                          memorial choked me too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...