• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIM

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIM

http://www.canada.com/technology/Dell pulls plug BlackBerry/3783955/story.html

Forecast here is for plus 15 tomorrow, that would be a record high. Enjoy.

Comment

There are few financial moves simpler than getting very affordable exchange rates on more than $50,000 US dollars.
      The first step is to get a US dollar account in your local bank (yes credit unions all call themselves banks too).
      It could cost you a buck a month service fees. This will entitle you to withdrw US greenbacks from your US funds. You may have to book ahead for withdrawing larger amounts than they normallly keep on hand; but this is no great hardship for an organized person. You can also arrange for a supply US fund cheques (which cost about $0.25 each) and are acceptable and can be used with little difficulty across the line. They have "US Dollars" embossed on each one. There is liable to be a reasonable service charge at your bank for each cheque used (eg. a dollar each)
      Then one of the least publicized secrets comes into play. If you talk to your local "banking" person at the very instant you like the current exchange rate for Canadian to US dollar rate; and you have enough Canadian dollars on hand; and you want to exchange for at least $50,001 US dollars; and the "bank" has agreed to process your transaction for 0.25% or less; then you will be very satisfied with saving some big bucks. They phone in to a broker (probably at Credit Union Central, Regina); and the deal is done in seconds.
      And yes; 0.25% is a going rate of banks and credit unions for more than $50,000 amounts. Those institutions all know it; but there is so much more in it to charge suckers; those in a hurry and unfortunately anyone who doesn't have $50,000 of loose change.
      But thats the way of our current capitalistic system isn't it?

Comment

HSBC - Min. $20,000 not $50,000

They take one fifth to one quarter percent.

Anything under $20,000 you can negotiate.

If your bank won't negotiate - open a USD account with someone that will.

5% is like paying list price for a vehicle.

Comment

I dont think buying us dollars is the right thing to do.

Comment

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-06/treasury-yields-tumble-to-records-on-fed-s-plan-to-purchase-600-billion.html

I agrree with cott. I predict $1.00 will be worth .80 cents not far down the road. Pars

Comment

How are the fall seeded crops progressing in this warm weather? Too vulnerable to a cold snap? Pars

Comment

I agree with cotton right now at this time and with the huge amount of debt the USA is carrying I wouldn't bet on them just yet. Obama isn't the man and will be a one term president. Simply when going to USA or buying equipment there its easy do money transfer. Use Visa etc your charged the days rate. But just set a account up in ND in Minot works to.

Comment

Remember your house in USA that you paid 100000 for on a deal could be worth 75000 or less shortly.
                  But when it gets to 75000 or less that's the time to look at USA but then you better hope you have dual citizen ship because a tax on profit from a home sale for foreigners will be coming.

Comment

Remember your house in USA that you paid 100000 for on a deal could be worth 75000 or less shortly.
                    But when it gets to 75000 or less that's the time to look at USA but then you better hope you have dual citizen ship because a tax on profit from a home sale for foreigners will be coming.

Comment

Astute observation Sask.

Don't be wooed by the little Pres O's main street talk...goin' and huntin' and talkin'

No G's.

He'll tack on G's to cell phone roaming, and winter homes and airport fees...etc.

They will become protectionist, looking after their own, (Note the RIM thread) and tax foreign ownership hard.
                      Pars

Comment

They won't tax US citizens as hard as foreigners, will they?

http://www.redstate.com/jeff_emanuel/2010/11/05/looming-obama-tax-increases-will-hit-working-americans-right-where-it-hurts-most/

Comment

Hi Parsley,
                          I think this indicates how the smart phone is becoming a mobile computer platform...Dell had to get into the game sooner or later. RIM is going to have a lot of new competition...it should be good for consumers.
                          I hope you are well, take care,
                          Joe

Comment

Dell is Texas based, so no surprise they will cut out a Canadian company if possible. Beingst the Triple A supreme techy that you are, you will respond when Google/Android beckons you. LOL

Farming has glued itself to mobility, and it is such an asset. I checked out AV computer threads, but they are few.

BUT the biggest positive, albeit not obvious, is that finally, the occupation of lonliness, (one farmer seeding all afternoon, with just a sandwich and radio to break the monotony),is connected to the outside world, to family, to a level playing field on data and info.

Send my best to your family, Joe. I'm working on my series of novels. Pars

Comment

Not related to the RIM but I note the current crop of teen agers. From
                              observation from friends, it is easier to connect with teenagers and 20
                              somethings via a text than a phone or even heavan forbid a face to
                              face conversation. The new trends/newest technology is impacting
                              businesses but perhaps society even more. Even so still shopping for a
                              technology that gives me better and lighter internet access on the road
                              based on my definition of needs. The technology and changes Joe
                              highlights is making life interesting/decisions harder.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...