• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lentils

Hope it don't snow I'm going to have a fk of a lentil crop in 90 days lol.

I figured out who you are on agtalk.

Comment

Did you just plant them? With your combine by any chance?

Comment

and what cryptic way did you deduce cottons identity.......what is it hunt down cotton day and lynch him

Comment

Magic

Yes

Comment

Cotton,

Swathed the outside headland of 2 red lentil quarters. Combined them monday night... 15bu /ac... Where the swath looked like 50bu/ac... it was 9 or 10... half the material and in places was 25. Am going to straight cut the centre of field... hope it is better in middle.

20percent black frozen lentils... the roundup was put on a week ahead (August 25) of the field that we put reglone (Sept 3) on... NO Difference in dry down. It wouldn't DIE. Only killed the top 2-3 inches of canopy... then green for 3 inches... then bottom 3-5 inches of canopy had brown pods.

Lentils did not die till minus 8 c frost Sept 16. Now they don't want to dry out. Monday with 27C and good wind... still 15.8moisture after outside round swathed down for 4 'good' drying days.

Never had lentils do this before. They do not want to mature off with 12C days and 0-4C nights... and rain every few days for a 6 weeks before harvest!.

How many lentils are actually off? Who in northern areas took off dry lentils?

WOW!

Comment

Dont worry malle,ive been hanging by the neck long
              enough and now im use to it,lol.

Just finished lentils last night.been swathed well over a
              month didnt quite make 25,quality? not sample
              though.

Comment

Hey cottonpicken I got nothing against you & I like your posts. I was using search on agtalk to find out when the last person posted because that person has not posted on there for awhile and just by coincidence it was you. The only way I knew was because of that letter written - now deleted. I notice you haven't posted since that incident. Hopefully you will once again since you get everyone all worked up. lmao

Comment

Tom4 there are a crap pile of lentils off after this warm week. Quality not so good however with most samples x3, 3 and feed grade. Had somebody tell me his lentils were grading a #7 LOL..

Comment

JD,

Thanks.

Hope this next week will give northern growers a go at finishing!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...