• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Already a 50% call on 10/11 Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already a 50% call on 10/11 Durum

This 50% call on durum... so early in a year like this... With a meager $4.50/bu fixed price... Looks like something is not right.

This 50% is almost what they accepted all of last year. To top it off our harvest has barely started with what I would say is a poor forecasted crop at best.

Poor price with large acceptance? What do you think?

It was 3.50 per bushel before august 26.
    I couldn't find the next pro date, when is it?

Comment

I think most of the time the PRO is out every second last Thursday of the month, so the next one is the 23... Full moon too on that day.

Comment

I looked and could only see a 25% call.

Where did you get 50%?

Comment

It was text ed to our blackberry's yesterday afternoon.
          Here is an example how something is definitely wrong.
          Grew 57000 bushels they took 50% minus seed equals around 25000 carry over seeded way less acreage in 2010 will yield 35000 bushels or leave me with roughly what I had last year.
          Now the genius that fined me for over delivery want 50 percent of my grain.
          Isn't that all of what they forced me to carry over now month and a half later to deliver.
          Yea their great. So again the CWB helped out someone at the expense of the Canadian farmer. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge. I need last years to blend this years up to a 2 so ps on them. One other thing if most of the crop was seeded really really late in Canada as I have been bitching about all year except southern Manitoba the bread basket for Durum. Wouldn't the geniuses hold off sales till the crop was known. They made us wait with most so whats wrong waiting a little longer. Go for great price. They new Russia had problem the ND Montana is wet Southern Sask is Wet major durum country was wet and late. Hm HM.

Comment

I think they want last years quality durum before farmers or grain buyers blend it with this years crop, which in all areas will be lower quality.

Comment

Boarder our initial price after freight and all the BS deductions is $1.75 to the farmer. Yea I really want to deliver to these losers. Lets see that's lower than oats barley oh every single fricking crop. Ps on you CWB.

Comment

From all the news I'm hearing this morning, I think the #2 Durum I still have in the bin might be looking like a #1 after Christmas!

Comment

booboo04;

This means you and SF3 are the same... bb4 is your mobile?

Comment

And the board lovers will say that a request for an initial price increase has been made but it's the system that needs to be fixed only. If the CWB is farmer controlled, fix it tommorrow. If it's not farmer controlled then it must be government so don't be surprised when it runs inefficiently and ineffectively. You can't claim farmer controlled when you have to wait for government.

Comment

good point choice.

Comment

Director Elections....
                        Plus Choices comments

Tom talk to your grain buyer they will put you on their text list.

Don't you feel the love

Comment

The 1 800 number at the cwb told me they would pass my concerns on as to why they are calling so much durum and fining people for over delivery last year.

If they want durum raise the price.

Only 3% of the durum is havested in sask. And the rest will grade 3 or worse.

Essentially they are stealing #1 durum.And using the fines from last years over delivery to pay for it. Producers buying their own grain.

Comment

you nailed it bucket.

Comment

Tom sorry bui their is only one of me no, two three or four handles. Why not comment on the post Durum. Have great day in Alberta.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...