• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Saskatchewan companies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Saskatchewan companies

Well isnt that nice, screw everyone for millions 6 months ago and now your a top Saskatchewan company as stated on Hurshes daily commentary. Only in Saskatchewan are we that retarded..

The ranking in based on "gross sales", so really it means nothing. A company can have the #1 gross sales in Saskatchewan and still show a negative bottom line.

Comment

I understand that but the point is the average person won't pick up on that.

Comment

Actually we are that retarted, I assume big sky is what you are referring to. Wonder if they got all that agristability money because showing all the debt they owed to farmers and then never paid or paid pennies. Our government has money for all these kind huge undertakings that wipe out everyone else, it's happenning or pretty much happenned with cattle, and now grain is next, the agrivation program will allow those with good weather in the last 4 of 5 years to eat up those that didn't. I mentioned before that government has no ag plan actually that isn't correct because their plan is to support a few to eat up all the rest, and do nothing for those that could use some help, they are all alike.

Comment

It's always "too big to let fail", like the banks or GM or Big Sky. As Earl Butz US ag secretary was coined in the 70's, "Get big or get out!" The government objective since then.

Comment

JDGreen, I seem to have missed your point?

"Well isnt that nice, screw everyone for millions 6 months ago and now your a top Saskatchewan company"

The top 2 were Viterra and FCL (then FCC).

Viterra has operations all over the world and buy a large volumne of our grains/oilseeds, in addition to their farm supply sales and value adding processing. Federated Co-operatives is a large wholesaler and manufacturing co-op that is owned in whole by Canadians, which includes over 350 local Co-operatives. They are involved in Saskatchewan's largest refinery, several feed mills and distribution system for lumber, groceries, farm supplies etc.

You likely weren't talking about these top 2 because whether we want to admit it or not, take those 2 operations out of Saskatchewan, and you would really turn the lights out on a large number of Saskatchewan communities.

Comment

Im talking big sky farms dogpatch.. I dont care what kind of revenue they generate, they screwed farmers for millions and we allow them to be put in the same sentence as companies like vittera etc. Get it??

Comment

I do now. Yes, I figured you were referring to ones closer to the top rather than further down.

Comment

Ever time I see Vitterrra named as a top performin company, it sends me ballistic. That company is run by a buncha loossssers. Same tired old crew that run, the pools, agrisnore, and agrisnore/ukitted ita the ground. Viterrra is doomed too, causa there tired old ways of doin tings.. All that they've done recently is borrowed, borrowed and borrowed, that is not business sense, its total bs.....

Comment

Might be right burbert, BUT, do you think the new shareholders will be as forgiving as the farmers were???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...