• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100MM and its not a major Canadian or World News Story!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100MM and its not a major Canadian or World News Story!

So lets say an Area the Size of Switzerland is Unseeded in World. Then lets say 100mm comes on what crop that was seeded in a area again the size of Switzerland. Hm grade quality and no crop. Yet today I read how Canada’s harvest has been pegged by FO Licht at 22.0 million tonnes, 2.0 million tonnes higher than previously expected and 1.5 million tonnes above USDA expectations.
    Why cant some one from this country come out and just say it. Lots of Rain actually monsoon like. Lots of drowned out areas and sloughs throughout west Light frost etc etc. Down grading etc.
    Do we have a deal with the rest of the world economies to say THINGS ARE GREAT LA LA LA I cant see whats out their attitude. Yes their are huge crops in West Huge huge huge. But they still have to be harvested and with all this rain things are not rosy.

3.5" in the last 8 days, most HRS ripe and ready, the only #1 is in the bin already(maybe 5%), the rest likely a #3 now, plus the standing is breaking down. A 50 bus crop gone to hell.
    SESK

Now how to harvest with sky high humidity and muddy fields, aeration won't be a big help. This will be a painfull harvest, knowing last years warm Nov weather won't likely repeat.

Comment

How much rain in the Watrous area? I heard a number but can't believe it!

Comment

Yes, huge crops of grass green canola that hasn't changed color in weeks. I hear that it loves temperatures down to -5 and so does the wheat (that is still 35 - 40% moisture).

Whatever the IPCC did to stop global warming it sure worked! (Yes mustard it is a bunch of crap)

Comment

It's WET because it's TOO DAM COLD! Dry is always warmer. More global warming please! Exhaust that CO2, thicken that greenhouse over Sk. Do your part.

Comment

What number did you hear?

Comment

6 inches over the past weekend?

Comment

Next 14 days look like 2 dry then 2 wet. Not good.

Comment

Saturday we got stuck three times with our two combines, then 75 mm of rain on Sunday, now no rain for two days and still can't move a semi out of the field. We are 10 miles north of Craven.

Just a note about our crops:

Peas were going 40 to 55 bu/ac, ours went 50. With about 35% of the area combined the rest will go 20 to 35 and will be crap.

Lentils were going 20 to 25 bu/ac but they looked bad and at least 10% dockage, likely more. Now the lentils are pounded to the ground and will be lucky to make 20 before dockage and will likely be a number 3 at best.

Canola is going 20 to 50bu/ac and a good average in this area is about 28 or 30. My guess is... My canola will average 35 which is a great year here.

My yellow mustard went 30 last year and will make that again this year. Not sure why my mustard has been so good when the best anyone else gets around here is 18 bu/ac.

I have about 4,500 acres with no cereals because I hate the CwB... Sorry I just had to say it. And next year I will have to seed a pile of durum, but hope to find a way out of the CWB.

That's my report if you were interested.

Last tidbit... I take 80% crop insurance each year and have to listen to guys say I am nuts... However I am feeling better now since my lentil guarantee is $280/ac, and yes I know that does not mean everything.

Good luck to you all, and SK3 don't let the critics get you down, you have some good posts.

Comment

Good report lays it out like it is. Thanks
                    SF3

Comment

It was a good report, but why would you have left your semi out in the field?

Comment

We have three semis and I did not think we would get 3 inches of rain. Should be able to get the semi out late tomorrow, and I think we will go combine canola next and let the lentil ground dry a little (except for the fact that our days are so short now). Seems guys around here have less trouble getting stuck in the canola.

Might try lentils during the day, and canola at night. That works but is a hassele changing headers.

Also should have added that our crop looked to be the best ever and now the overall looks average at best. In our area everday hurts the yield and the quality, except the oil seed.

Comment

As neighbors start to cut their Canola in our area their not to happy. Seems from road it looked not bad but now that their in it they see short few pods thin pod canola. Oh well theirs next year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...