• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Drying ONE OH ONE!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Drying ONE OH ONE!

OK lets get real if the weather stays the same for Sept as august grain drying is going to be a major issue again this fall. And by the looks of today's forecast we will loose the first week of Sept. Since its wet today then sunny sunny rain rain.
    Our early Durum might go or at least be able to take some on Sunday afternoon if we miss today's rain. Can any one guess the moisture content probably 21 or so. But with only 56 days left to get the 2010 crop in bin (OK it will be an easy harvest since stand is 1/2 last year) and the weather not changing it seems its getting close to serious harvesting. Are others getting their dryers ready?

I live in the Red River Valley and have my drier ready and use it almost every year. Bought the drier in 79 and we never wait till it is dry. Used it this year already and that is why my cereal grains are in the bin and not on the field. We were early with them and had a window to take them off. As for the rest of the crop. Things are getting ugly. Late canola is ready to cut. Got close to an inch of rain last night. The first rain was from 3-4 inches earlier in week. As of this morning sitting close to five inches where the canola fields are and more rain on the way. Soybeans are a ways off but with the wet ground. Could be an interesting fall. Get the drier ready and if an opportunity exists take it.

Comment

We use our dryer on some of the wht bly every yr..Have air bins too, but this yr we are going to need heat..Dried some bly last week @ 16-21 moisture...At least its all dry now so might as well go combine some MUCK....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...