• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

land prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furrow, not true that it can rain an inch and harvest the next day in the UK. You don't know what wet harvest conditions are here compared to Scotland for example. Many places there have 60 inch annual precip. and grow grain. True enough little risk of frost there though.

Comment

Fundamentally land prices are bearish. Other factors include the fact that the baby boom generation is going to retire and sell land at the same time that their parents are going to die and have their estate sell land. Who is going to buy? Aging and shrinking population in the western world is also bearish. But as CP has pointed out inflation trumps all as governments around the world can't pay their debt so the money printing will go like crazy. Land values will rise in nominal terms but decrease in real terms. Bottom line is you will get poorer owning land but not as quickly as if you held cash.

Comment

Man am i on a different page.The perfect storm for
        farming is coming,imo.

Currency debasement,rising standards of living in
        chindia,climate changegoressuskistimballs (my new
        word i just patented dont steal it lol)

We are sound as a pound.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...