• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are farmers thoughts about next years planting intentions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are farmers thoughts about next years planting intentions?

This also effects prices so here are mine.
    I am leaning to much less canola, little more peas, much more wheat. My lands are still very saturated, peas looking poor now but will increase acres because just want to up them in the rotation and will hopefully have more burn off and post harvest glypho done. Less canola because they did not take the excess moisture well and we still have that. More wheat as that is the crop that looks good, been growing mostly soft wheat for ethanol but may try some hard red. Would like to look at oats but think that acreage will go nuts. Can always change of course. Also considering some fall banding to dry out soils.

Just interested if this years tuff conditions or your great conditions this year will effect your planting intentions.
    Mine most certainly will.

Comment

Firstly, legal ditching before freeze up, V or otherwise because still have water in low spots. As every year hope to fall apply fertilizer but will try sweeps to mow down ALL stubble, or burn it. C&D ditches are over grown, full and NOT running, so drainage is compromised. Plan earliest canola on the accidental fallow. Undecided on how much wheat but price could be tempting. Next year will NOT heavy harrow too far ahead of drill, packs too much and rain ran off more. Praying for dam little snow for we have NO place to put any runoff. Every dug out full. Subsoil moisture is visible above ground. Enjoy your "Good crops" out west fellas, for this area can't wait to put 2010 out of OUR misery! TMO

Comment

firstly I call it landscaping and the manitoba government tells us to drain all low spots around our home to protect against the mosquitos that cause westnile virus. This is one time I will listen to them... As for next year,lets get done this this one first.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...