• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we r screwed in the SW too

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we r screwed in the SW too

Well well well Im about to join the side of pessimism with SF3 and the rest of the sky is falling crowd.. Wheat is heading finally and looks like a 60 plus bushel crop. Only problem is it needs 70 more days at the average heat units we have been getting this summer to finish it off. Wonder if Warburton can make same bread out of 53 ib wheat?? Durum well thats another story , as it is done flowering and starting to fill . But lets see 70 bpa x the 4 bucks the CWB will pay is still shit. Oh well its liable to freeze as well as it still is 6-7 weeks away. Canola is awesome awesome but it is still on the optimistic side 5-7 weeks from knockin it down. Lentils are wow wow!!! nicely flowering and podding with fantastic stands. Anticipating harvesting 40 bpa of sprouted reds around September 10th i reckon.. Peas anywhere from root rotted crap to fantabulous 60-70 bpa crops. oh ya then theres the majority of fellows who finished 2 weeks after us. They are nicely in shot blade in their cereals and hoping their lentils start flowering by the end of the month.. Then theres those that are hailed out but are under the belief their crops are making a comeback, as they have greened up nicely since the July 1st storm. They are small and late late late as a result. I will give this weather until August to warm, by then I will be ready to throw in the towel.. 1 week and counting..

Lentils, peas and chickpeas look as good as we have ever seen them in our area of the southwest. Lentils and peas fully podded and starting to mature, chickpeas 60% podded and still flowering. Cereals above average,headed and filling. Oilseeds podded and filling look very good. The one thing you can normally count on in the southwest is mother natures unrelenting ability to crank up the heat in August and bring in what looks like a late crop before the first frost all be it sacrificing a few bushels of yield in the process. Looks a lot like 2004 in this area where most had record production with somewhat less then average quality. In general our area is a week to 10 days behind normal. Nothing to panic about yet. 29 to 30 degrees all next week, BRING IT ON!

Comment

Well i say bring on the heat nothing a good hail storm wouldn't cure. But if this reminds you of 2004 were totally screwed in the east then. The crop is now about two weeks behind normal. And yes the early hail storm in July will not produce nothing but it sure looks pretty now. Monday the hail adjuster comes to visit. One shovel side head buried a foot deep ah perfection.

Comment

its sunny so i have changed my mind for today ... Bring on the sunshine !!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have changed my canola production numbers..
          still 13 mill ac but 31 bus ave - 37 west and 26 east. Fire away. Still barely enough though.
          Thats frost free untill sept 15th. Earlier and it will be 26 at best. JMO

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...