• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulse Market

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulse Market

Does anybody really think that the area to lentils is going to be any lower than the markets early forecasts? As it was only one of a few crops with profitable returns this year, most farms I assume would have made sure to get them in before any other crops. I also wonder how many chickpeas will be disease ridden with the amount, and length of moisture the entire province of Sask has recieved so far this spring? Just wondering what other pulse producers are seeing in their area?

Our are peas chick peas and lental went in early. It rained and people went back to peas and lentals .. Think acers will be as estimated or up.. Unseeded acers will be up 10% at least.What crop lost the acers???

Comment

wcfarmer

where are u located?

Comment

southeast Regina Lentils are for some just finished or still going in. Mine in May 10 look good.

Comment

Around Davidson area most of the lentils look alright some yellowing on the lower slopes.
          but in talking to some guys around moose jaw much of that really nice clay is saturated and they are thinking it will affect yields down. Also heard from a lentil buyer that that south east of Regina country all along Highway 39 is soaking wet and some lentils did not get planted. and those that did are not looking as good as they should. Friend in Rosetown says things are good there. Friend at Aberdeen says they got in but they are WET.
          For what it's worth.
          We missed out on the .24red contracts our target was .25 and are holding off now.
          Lentils do better than you would think with wet feet, but this is unprecedented.
          Larry whats happening in India and Turkey?

Comment

larry i am located north of lake diefenbaker. Lots of lentils in here. and lots of guys going lentil on lentil. instead of planting the dog that is durum. Hope the lentil on lentil guys are prepared to spray. It sure is swell for guys to wreck the nice breeding of dr.vandenberg with their short sighted rotations.

Comment

You can't pay bills with board grains, when your looking at a breakeven at best how do you feed your family? One year lentil on lentil or canola on canola will not hurt long term crop husbandry at all. Just have to spray a fungicide which btw is much cheaper this year. Lentil on lentil will still pay 3x durum because there is a market for it that pays a net return! Do you own a pencil?

Comment

Furrow I own plenty of pencils, and I've been sharpening them for many years. I just feel that even with fungicides, the aschochyta resistance that has been bred into the newest varieties will be weakened. Plus Furrow their are many better options in my opinion than lentil on lentil, that pencil. How about Canola on lentil or Chickpea on Lentil. Both pencil nicely on this operation.

Comment

Your right, but some guys are looking at numbers only - just sayin anything is better than cereals is all.

Comment

In SW sask (Kindersley to Maple Creek) I have never seen so many peas, lentils and canola. It appears durum has been replaced by peas but I am not sure that the market for peas will be any better than durum.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...