• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Old Friend Is Back!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Old Friend Is Back!

Just was out crop inspecting last night and wow are Wild Oats going to be a problem for our area this year. One guy had a fire cross his land and a golf green couldn't be that green. We have wheat that had burn off just before emergence or early emergence and still has w/o. So just a heads up on early weed growth.

Everest is the answer to that question. As a matter of fact I have 3 jugs for sale $500 each (cash)

Comment

yea what about cropping restrictions I seen that shit do damage in future years.

Comment

yea what about cropping restrictions I seen that shit do damage in future years.

Comment

As long as it's not going on infront of pulses you're fine. I recomend it for wheat on peas stubble then you know peas aren't going in the following year. They also made the jugs smaller a few years ago and kept the acres they cover the same. I used the 50ac rate and it out did simplicity no question. Also with all this rain caryover is prety slim.

Comment

Question:

You say, "wow are Wild Oats going to be a problem:, so why is there such a weed problem since you spray and crop continuously? Bad seed? After ten years of continuous spraying, freefall germination should be rare. Pars

Comment

Wildoat seeds can remain viable in the soil for 15-30years and it only takes one to make 50 more. They even have the capability to screw themselves into the ground when they are exposed to water.

Comment

People have continuoulsy sprayed for wild oats sice the seventies. Surely there shouldn't be solid green fields!

What am I missing here? Pars

Comment

The field must have been farmed organically sometime in the past. LOL

Comment

Now there is some research farmers could support, gustgd. A canola seed that is capable of screwing itself into the ground when exposed to water.

Comment

Good answer cole LOL LOL Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...