• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

48 hrs!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48 hrs!!!!

Looks like in our neck of the woods we have 48 hrs left to get the crop in the ground. We finished at 6 p.m. Got just dry enough this afternoon, actualy did a nice job. Sprayed 500 ac with just a little dust off the wheels. Good luck to some of you - by the sounds of it we have been lucky here. Frost is our main concern now over the next few days - again.

Got to 76% done today then all hell broke loose. We had 1/3 inch before I left and by the looks of the radar were plucked. Oh well we at least got today.

Comment

Just seen the radar, not good at all for all eastern Sask. We are on the edge again of both the rain from the east a frost from central and nothern Alberta. Why more guys did not at least try seedeing or spraying today in my area blows my mind. These are the same that will be pissin and moanin all summer, like always, about how shitty farming is and how they could not get done
      . For those who have at least made an effort good for you for those who make excuses constantly about conditions not perfect whatever - again.
      My heart does go out for those east of us, having no chance at all sucks no matter how you put it.

Comment

1 3/4 south of weyburn,radar was somethin else last
        night.

Comment

That rain is knockin on our door this a.m.

Comment

Ya it was nasty south of Weyburn, I drove down to pick up my camper at oungre last night and drove through quite a nasty storm. We ended up with about 8 tenths west of Weyburn. Thank God!

Comment

6/10ths Sat 1" last night, we'll be sitting a couple days again, but rain forecast again this coming Fri & Sat. around 75% done SESK

Comment

Positive is it will help everything we mudded in last week. If its going to rain again on the weekend doe we mud some more in as soon as we can get on the land? Then hope the rain helps loosen the soil up.

Comment

1" Saturday, 4/10" last night, but still light rain. Most got 4 days in last week, 25% done is average. Fall tilled fields are soaking up, stubble is water every dip. Crop Ins tells me June 11 last day for full canola coverage. Going to buy sweeps today.

Comment

Water table must be very high, water has not sunk away even with that nice week of warm weather. Just sitting there. I have one field adjacent to a lake, and the lake is so high. The land rises fairly quickly from the lake, but then drops back to lake level after eighty ofr so yards. This is usually my best land, because it retains moisture like self irrigation almost, but this year it is seeping water, and 80 acres are to wet sort of in the middle of the field. with wet fingers everywhere extending into the dryer areas.How the heck do you deal with that, eh? This has never happened before. that field was never ever close to even sprayable BEFORE these frickin rains.

fjlip, a few guys here had a few days, but that depended vastly on land type, manpower, etc. Good luck to you, I'm sure we'll continue to commiserate with eachother!

Comment

Water now starting to lay in the fields consistant rain scince 8:30 a.m. Looks like June 4-5th before anyone is in the field here now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...